Thread: Remember The Sweep?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Remember The Sweep?

Remember when the Cards swept the Reds? I sure as hell don't by the way they have played ever since. Talk about wasted opportunity. Cards played the Cubs, Brewers, Giants, Pirates, Nationals and Astros since the sweep and have two five game losing streaks and one three game losing streak. These are teams they should be beating up on (except for the Giants who lost two of three to the Cards oddly enough). Cards face the Reds at home for three. They need another sweep to have any chance of overtaking the division but it looks like they are fighting for the Wild Card. I want this race to heat up again.

Rookie ERA
    Not me. I hate the cards with a passion thanks to their fans that live in my town. Dig the hole deeper!
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Remember The Sweep?

I am kinda pumped that I get to see the game tonight.
    Ever since Sportsnet put Jays games, and other stuff on their "premium" channel, I have been getting better games like this one on their other channels.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And San Diego has struggled since they nearly swept the big series with San Francisco.

The cardinals really have a bad offense. Rasmus has been struggling and they haven't gotten much from Molina, Schumacher, Ryan, Lopez, etc. Perhaps they should have pursued a bat to replace to join Pujols and Holliday. Or a couple of bats. Hell, even a Jose Guillen might have been helpful.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

Can they get the last out???.........Yep!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Big win for the Cards. Best part of the game was Pedro Feliz getting the second out of the 9th making a great running catch in foul territory and getting a huge applause from the Cardinal faithful. You could tell he really enjoyed love as he fought hard not to smile. Great moment.

Rasmus has been having calf problems but he needs to get going down the stretch. Skip had a good game so maybe he can start to get hot. They put a lot of faith in Jon Jay and he hasn't disappointed. Ryan has been a huge disappointment