Thread: Tejada To St. Louis?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Tejada To St. Louis?

According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Cardinals are eyeing Astros shortstop Miguel Tejada.
    Tejada could fill in at shortstop or third base for the Cardinals, and would provide a solid bat behind Albert Pujols. It's highly doubtful that a deal is close, but it sure seems like a good fit. The 35-year-old infielder is batting .355/.378/.521 this season with six home runs and 33 RBI in 234 at-bats. He's owed $13 million for the remainder of '09 and is a free agent in 2010.
    This actually sounds like a good idea. Tejada has been hitting well this season and is just a one year fix. If the Cards take on his salary they won't have to give much to the Astros in return. Miguel is definitely better than Ryan and the Greene's offensively. I think it would be worth a shot to play for October. Cards definitely need a bat and Holliday is still a possibility too.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Tejada To St. Louis?

They can eye him all they want, it's not gonna happen.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Why is that?

MLB ERA

Two reasons:
    a) I don't think Houston would trade within the division, to a team 4.5 games ahead of them.
    b) Drayton McLane is a moron who is always convinced he has a contending team and refuses to trade away his players as a result.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think Houston will trade in the division to get rid of Tejada's contract but you're right about McLane. I just think this year is different in the current economic state we're in. Astros are losing money this year. While the Stros might be just 4.5 games back of the Cards, they are also in dead last in that division with no bright light at the end f a tunnel.

MLB ERA

Oh, I don't think they have any chance, and honestly I would strongly consider a trade if I were them. McLane just doesn't seem to realize it.