Thread: Cards Signed Reyes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Cards Signed Reyes

Cardinals agreed to terms with LHP Dennys Reyes, who had been with the Twins, on a two-year, $3 million contract.
    Reyes, 31, posted a 2.23 ERA in 46 1/3 innings last season, and held lefties to a .202/.250/.287 line. He provides a much better left-handed bullpen option than Royce Ring or Charlie Manning. Those two are now in danger of not making the club.
    Great move for the Cards who need all they bullpen help they can get and they just got some. Reyes is a good lefty who could now be in the mix to close. That the Cards got him so cheap is just amazing. Great move in an offseason where they did very little.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Cards Signed Reyes

I loved the Reyes signing, the guy just flat out murders lefties. Its funny, I don't think any Reds fan expected Dennys Reyes to still be in the MLB after all these years. I am just glad we are Dunn-less and Jr.-less for our Cardinals faceoffs.

MLB ERA

Re: Cards Signed Reyes

Reyes handles right-handers pretty well also. He throws a nasty breaking-pitch that drops under their swings.
    He could be a candidate to be the Cardinals' closer, but I think he's better as an 8th inning guy.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon