Thread: Pedro to Close?

MLB ERA

Rumor Pedro to Close?

According to the St Louis Post-Dispatch, it is a possibility. Here is a story: 03/05/2009 - St. Louis Cardinals' Colby Rasmus might need adjustments - STLtoday.com
    "The discussion might include discussion of free agent Pedro Martinez as an option at closer. La Russa suggested in November that the club should expand its consideration to include veteran starting pitchers. Martinez has a recent history of shoulder problems but said Tuesday he would be open to the possibility of closing. "I would prefer to try it first and see how my body responds because I haven't done it in a long time," said Martinez, who might be used in a relief role during the World Baseball Classic. "It's something you really have to endure and really try first before you know if your body can do it.""
    Comments?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Pedro to Close?

Turns out this as all just a rumor. Pedro should be able to find a job if he impresses in the WBC. The signing of Reyes was a great one!