Thread: Ace Update

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Ace Update

Chris Carpenter tossed his fifth official bullpen session of spring training on Thursday.
    Carp reported no problems and pitching coach Dave Duncan seemed pleased with the showing. "It’s kind of natural that he will work toward throwing at 100 percent," Duncan said. "I think we’ll see that his adrenaline will be doing the first time he faces hitters. He’s been fine. … Step by step. The next step for him is throwing to hitters." Carpenter will face hitters on Saturday and his scheduled to make his first start on February 28.
    Great news so far for the Cards. For them to have any chance this year, Carp has to be healthy. That and a real second baseman

MLB ERA

Re: Ace Update

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    That and a real second baseman
    It's Skippy Time!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If that's true the Cards are in trouble.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I really wonder what Carpenter will look like this season given his shoulder problems and elbow surgery. He'll be 34 before May and the Cardinals' management hasn't exactly exuded confidence about a triumphant return. He is a gamer though and he has came back from surgery with resounding success before, so it'll be interesting to see to say the least. As reef mentioned, the Cards definitely need him pitching like an ace again though if they want to compete.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He even looked good in the one game he pitched last year in bewteen surgeries. I hope he can return and pound the strike zone like we are used to.