Thread: Will the Cardinals trade Kyle Lohse?

MLB ERA

Rumor Will the Cardinals trade Kyle Lohse?

the Cardinals are willing to trade Kyle Lohse in the right deal. They're looking for a bat and a reliever.

Lohse could be one of the better names out there, though he's better served in the NL. The Cardinals certainly won't be sellers - they're just percentage points behind the Brewers for the Wild Card
    This comment is interesting, because the Cards GM had just stated a few days ago that there is no way that Kyle Lohse will be traded. I didn't like that comment coming from our GM at all. I'm not saying that he should be traded, but I think they should listen to offers for him. If it is true, and they are considering offers, then I think that is a good thing. Depending on what the return would be, then a deal might be good for the Cardinals. Lohse will not be back next year, that is the way it is. If we can get something in return that will help us, then it needs to be considered. Obviously, Lohse is having a great year. We do have Carpenter and Wainwright coming back, so trading Lohse to fill other needs like bulpen help might be of more help. I'm not too sure about this GM at all.

MLB ERA

Re: Will the Cardinals trade Kyle Lohse?

After hearing public assurances from the Cardinals front office that he would
    not be dealt at this year's deadline, Lohse awoke Thursday to Internet reports
    that the club was shopping him for a reliever and a hitter. Lohse spoke to his
    agent, Scott Boras, who researched the rumor without finding substance. "If you
    write something like that, don't you have to take responsibility?" Lohse asked
    rhetorically.
    I found it interesting that Lohse asked his agent to look into the rumor.