Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Izzy Blows It Again

MLB ERA

Re: Izzy Blows It Again

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yeah he does which goes to show he is being used too much. Franklin came in yesterday and got the save. Izzy does not have to be used every save situation which he had been. Its a long season and Izzy is getting old. Izzy leads the league in saves by the way.
    Izzy has been going downhill for the last few years. He has had a lot of luck, but I think most Cards fans have been tired of him for a long time. It was nice having Wainwright close for awhile, but he belongs in the rotation now. I for one can't wait until after the season when Issy's contract is over. Some team will overpay him, and he will come apart completely.

MLB ERA

Izzy leads the league in saves by the way.

I remember a few years ago when Reds fans were telling me how good Danny Graves was because he led the league in saves. That was shortly before the Reds cut him loose. Graves wasn't good then, and Izzy isn't good now. It has nothing to do with him being used a lot... he doesn't have it anymore.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I didn't hear too many fans complaining last season when he blew just two games and a 2.48 ERA. He is being used too much for his age and his control is off.

No one is saying Izzy is the best closer because of the amount of saves he has. He has 11 saves which means he was doing his job. He has had more save opportunities than anyone giving more chances to fail. Give him some time off and let him be effective later in the year when he is needed most.

MLB ERA

Give him some time off.
    That's a great idea, let's give him the rest of the season off.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Or may a stint on the 15 day DL. I love it when people go to extremes. So does Billy Joel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12