Cardinals 18-11
    Cubs 17-11

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Cards vs Cubs (the REAL best rivalry in baseball"

*Rivalry with the best fights
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Um, no
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Um, yes

Cards/Cubs have better fans, better stadiums, and is just as historic. Granted you don't hear about it as much if you live in the New England states. But that's mainly because NY/Boston view themselves as the greatest in everything. They even have a network dedicated to this. It's called ESPN.

I'll never forget 2003, when the Cubs/Cards had a 5 game series. Two of the games were decided by questionable calls in the other teams favor. Tony and Dusty, if I remember correctly, they got into it verbally with each other pretty good. Replace that with Yankees and Boston in a 5 game heated series. ESPN would never stop showing the replays.

Hell, even though my Cubs lost to the Cards in extras. That was still a great baseball game.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    Um, yes

Cards/Cubs have better fans, better stadiums, and is just as historic.
    False, false, and false
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    False, false, and false
    True, true, and true. lol

The game is on Network Fox today and ESPN tomorrow night. Check it out and you will see what we mean.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Pointless argument. A cub fan and a yankee fan will only agree to disagree.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AAA ERA

False, false, and false
    So the Cubs and Cards aren't as historic as Boston/Yanks? Really? The Cubs and Cards were founded in the 1800's, and have history dating back to the National League/American Association days. The Cubs and Cards even played each other in that era's version of the world series a couple times.

One of the most known historic moments in MLB history is Ruth's called shot. Which was in the world series against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. I don't get what's not to like about Wrigley and Busch. But even if we can't win a historic/ball park annoucement. I know one argument that can be proven. Cubs/Cards fans>>>>>>>>>>>>Yanks/Boston fans.

I don't mean you specifically, but in general. I mean Boston fans got everything they ever could have wanted in that 2004 run. Since then they've turned into whiny homers. They basially became Yankee fans, which is everything they used to hate.

I mean and look how we treat our super stars. Derrek Lee is an MVP threat yearly since 05' when he adjusted his swing to allow him to hit inside pitches better. Pujols could wind up being one of the best ever. The Yankees have one of the best ever, and until recently most Yankees fans hated him "He's not one of us." and crap like that. I know if Pujols never got another post season hit, but continued to do what he's always done. He'd still be beloved in St. Louis. Though the Cards fans may see "We need another big bat for the post season."
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    I know if Pujols never got another post season hit, but continued to do what he's always done. He'd still be beloved in St. Louis. Though the Cards fans may see "We need another big bat for the post season."

I wonder how Rick Ankiel would have been treated in New York if he was a Yankee, and had control problems in the 2000 playoffs? Would Yankee fans have been patient with him as he tried to overcome his problems and return to his 2000 form as a pitcher for the next several years? Would they have supported him with his decision to go back to the minors and become a outfielder? Rick Ankiel is huge fan favorite, and probably the most popular Cardinal next to Albert Pujols. I just wonder what would have happened to him if he was a Yankee instead of a Cardinal.

MLB ERA

You guys have to realize that being more accepting doesn't make you better fans. Intelligence and passion are the keys to being truly great fans. And Yankees and Red Sox fans (for the most part) have the passion. Not all are truly students of the game, but simply accepting players who SUCK does not make you better fans.

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Cards are now leading the N.L. central.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Intelligence and passion are the keys to being truly great fans. And Yankees and Red Sox fans (for the most part) have the passion. Not all are truly students of the game, but simply accepting players who SUCK does not make you better fans.
    One thing that I really like about the Cardinals/Cubs rivalry is that for the most part the fans are students of the game. It isn't simply hatred of the other team. The fans are not only smart about their teams, but also about baseball in general. I've met several Cubs fans at games, and had very good discussions about the game.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    One thing that I really like about the Cardinals/Cubs rivalry is that for the most part the fans are students of the game. It isn't simply hatred of the other team. The fans are not only smart about their teams, but also about baseball in general. I've met several Cubs fans at games, and had very good discussions about the game.
    yeah we are students of the game for the most part. both teams have their share of idiots, but nothing new on that front.

we dont accept players who suck. Theres a line though that most dont cross, though. you dont have to be abusive and east coast fans trend towards abuse when a player struggles. there was booing of izzy on friday night, just like there was booing of patterson and stuff awhile back. Booing is one thing, abuse is another.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

False, false, and false
    I agree, Yankees and Red Sox fans are intelligent, Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park >>>> Wrigley Field, and Busch Stadium, and the Yankees & Red Sox have a combined 33 World series titles

And it really isn't our fault that we want to win a World Series title every year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast