Thread: Carpenter On 15 Day DL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Carpenter On 15 Day DL

Chris Carpenter will be placed on the disabled list because of moderate arthritis and a mild impingement in his pitching elbow.
    Carpenter had an MRI scan and exam today by team physician Dr. George Paletta in St. Louis. "Chris will be placed on the disabled list (retroactive to April 2)," the Cardinals said in a statement, "and will rest and be re-evaluated in the next 10-14 days." An arthritic elbow hardly seems like a good condition for a pitcher, but the team is pleased Carpenter doesn't have any ligament damage. Maybe he'll be back sometime around the end of the month. Randy Keisler will be called up to start in his place on Tuesday.
    With the way the Cards pitched in the spring and the way they have thus far, they should be in good shape for a month at the most without Carpenter. It's not a strong division and the Looper, Wells and Wainwright have faired well. Did I mention Pujols is warming up?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Carpenter On 15 Day DL

Randy Keisler is also going to start in his place...that makes me cringe.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Carpenter On 15 Day DL

How has Keisler done you ask? Well, he gave up just 2 ERs and 5 hits in his first quality outing while striking out three.

Not too bad. Cards will take it. They have him pitching again tonight, lets see how he does...