Thread: Wainwright pitches four more hitless innings

Rookie ERA

Wainwright pitches four more hitless innings

STLtoday - Sports - Cardinals

Wainwright pitches four more hitless innings

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    03/05/2007

JUPITER, Fla. -- Chris Duncan made two diving catches in left field and a double play in the first inning to keep it scoreless, but the Houston Astros went on to beat the Cardinals 5-0 in Monday's Grapefruit League game at Roger Dean Stadium.

Cardinals starter Adam Wainwright pitched four innings with two walks, one strikeout, no hits and no runs.

Because of the double play and a runner caught stealing, Wainwright faced the minimum 12 batters.

Wainwright, used throughout 2006 as a reliever, has made two spring starts covering seven innings and still has not allowed a hit.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Wainwright will make everyone forget about Suppan and Weaver. Jocketty was smart not to overpay for those guys. As for Duncan's two diving catches, they were probably routine for me.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Chris "The Lumberjack" Duncan really looks like a Gold Glover to me.

I love Wainwright's potential and I think he is going to have a very nice year for his first season as a full-time starter. I'm saying something like 13-8, 3.90 for this year and then only continuing to get better as his career continues.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    They just have to have Izzy stay healthy so Wainwright can stay in the rotation. I agree with your assessment on Wainwright's numbers.