Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cards News Thread

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yes but they were smart enough not to overpay. I'm not picking on your Brewers as I think they will do quite well. There was also Weaver and some of the FA's they were looking at that go under the overpaying cateogry. They still have time to make a trade.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Ah, my bad!!! I guess I am just over protective Brewer fan! Thanks! I hope they do good this year, fingers crossed here!

MLB ERA
    Ricardo Rincon, who is recovering from both Tommy John and shoulder surgeries, won't face any restrictions this spring.
    The Cardinals will probably carry three left-handed relievers, with Rincon joining Tyler Johnson and Randy Flores. It's possible, but not very likely, that the team would eat the $1.45 million remaining on his contract if he has a bad spring.

Pitching coach Dave Duncan indicated Wednesday that Jason Isringhausen could make his spring debut right around March 15.
    Isringhausen, who has been throwing off a mound as he continues his recovery from hip surgery, may mix in curves for the first time on Thursday.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Preston Wilson rejoined the starting lineup for Monday's game and went 0-for-3 with two strikeouts as a designated hitter.
    Wilson missed the previous two days with biceps tenderness.

Just like in his first outing of the spring, Josh Kinney gave up three runs in one inning on Monday.
    He also committed his second error, though none of the runs have been unearned. The Cardinals are expecting good things from Kinney after he finished 2006 in impressive fashion, but we're skeptical he'll last as more than a middle reliever.

Adam Wainwright threw four hitless innings Monday against the Astros.
    Wainwright hasn't allowed a hit in seven innings so far this spring. It doesn't appear that he'll be returning to a relief role anytime soon.

Cardinals reassigned RHP Chris Lambert, RHP Mike Parisi, RHP Mike Sillman, RHP Mark Worrell, C Bryan Anderson, C Ryan Christianson, C Michel Hernandez and C Danilo Sanchez to minor league camp.
    The Cardinals had just six non-roster pitchers in camp. Now the only two that are left are former Rangers prospect Kelvim Jimenez and veteran right-hander Mike Smith. Lambert, a 2004 first-round pick, has been a disappointment and isn't likely to see time in the majors this year.

Adam Kennedy is due to take batting practice Tuesday and could return to the starting lineup on Wednesday.
    Kennedy has been sidelined with soreness in his right oblique.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Adam Wainwright fanned six in six scoreless innings Monday in the Cardinals' win over the over Marlins.
    Wainwright, the Cardinals' No. 4 starter, has a 0.98 ERA in 27 2/3 innings. He's turned himself into a decent pick in shallow mixed leagues with his showing this month.

Chris Carpenter shut out the Dodgers for seven innings to earn a victory on Tuesday.
    Carpenter struck out five and got 12 outs on the ground. He'll take a 2.60 ERA in 27 2/3 innings into his Opening Day start.
    These guys should be 1,2 in the rotation but aren't. It does put the Cards is a good situation after the first couple of games since it will be Wainwright, Reyes then Carpenter. Wells and Looper shouldn't be 2,3.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Here's something to think about. Not one of the starting pitchers had an ERA over 3!!!!

Carpenter- 2.60
    Wainwright- .98
    Wells- 1.16
    Reyes- 2.70
    Looper- 2.18

MLB ERA
    Cards fans I have to apologize. I took Carpenter on two of my fantasy teams and I am the fantasy curse (I swear). Everybody I pick has something happen and their numbers generally are lower than normal. My bad.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: The Cards News Thread

Juan Encarnacion (wrist injury) was 0-for-3 with a walk while serving as a DH for Double-A Springfield on Monday.
    The Springfield News-Leader reports that Encarnacion will DH again on Tuesday, take Wednesday off and then play three straight games. He is still at least another week away from joining the Cardinals.
    No rush for Encarnacion really at this point. Sure the Cards are struggling but a struggling, unprepared Encarnacion isn't going to help.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

The Cardinals activated Russ Springer (P) today from the DL.

MLB ERA

almost a year between news posts. lol

this forum is like a ghost town.....errrr ghost forum. lol

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

well cardinal fan, get to work!! j/k!!! hahaha... Good luck to your Cardinals these next row nights as they invade Miller Park!

MLB ERA

lol

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

:d

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pujols has reached base safely in every game he's played this year. He's a real MVP.

MLB ERA

yep, and he isn't getting very many good pitches to hit either. everybody wants to pitch around him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast