Thread: Should Cards Fans Be Scared?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Should Cards Fans Be Scared?

The answer, sort of. The Cards have not done anything to really improve their chances of being defending champs. The only good signing thus far has been Adam Kennedy and he will be sharing time with Aaron Miles. The Cards could lose Suppan and Weaver who were boths big reasons the Cards won the WS. They have already lost Marquis to the Cubs which brings me to another point, the Cubs. The Cubs have made significant signings such as Soriano, Lilly and resigning Ramirez. The Cards have acquired Russ Springer and Kip Wells. Not exactly blowing anyone's hair back. The Cards rotation still has some holes and they don't know how the bullpen will shape up. They are even talking of Braden Looper becoming a starter. That's scary shit right there. Now the Reds haven't got better and the Astros replaced Pettitte and Clemens with Woody Williams and Jennings but the Cubs have significantly improved their ballclub. Despite having lost two important arms, the Astros will at least score more runs thanks to signing Carlos Lee. As someone who is a Cards fan (second to the Giants), I am worried and I know I am not alone!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Overall, this division is wide open. And if my team (Brewers), can sign Suppan or get more pitching help, this could be our year to sneak into the playoffs!!!!! I like the Giants, Cards, and Pirates in the NL after me beloved Brewers. I jumped on the Giants bandwagon when they had Will "The Thrill" Clark!!!! He is one of my all-time favorite players!!!! LaRussa is one of the better managers in the game!!!! I don't ever count the Cards out. They have a great following and knowledgable frint office and fans that support the team!!!