Thread: Cards Push For Schmidt

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cards Push For Schmidt

The Cardinals are targeting free agent Jason Schmidt, though they may not go beyond three years to sign him.
    "There's a question of how far we go, but we're going," GM Walt Jocketty said. "We'd like to have him." Agent Randy Hendricks said Schmidt was receptive to St. Louis, and that the team's reluctance to go beyond three years wouldn't be much of a problem. However, it appears likely that Schmidt will get $60 million over four years from some team, perhaps the Cubs or the Dodgers.
    Despite how many years Schmidt wants, he would be an idiot not to sign because of one year. The Cards have been one of the best teams in the NL over the past few years if not THE best. Carpenter then Schmidt would give one of the best 1-2 combos in recent memory. Also pitching with a good defense behind you and the game's best all around player providing offense has to help too. If you want to win, drop a year and play for a ring.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Yikes, Carpenter and Schmidt as a 1-2 punch, and possibly Suppan? OK, that just isn't fair. hahaha!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    C'mon on Los Angeles.... keep Schmidt in the NL West. Not that it would affect the Reds chances either way, but I just couldn't deal with getting crushed by the Cards that much more.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    C'mon on Los Angeles.... keep Schmidt in the NL West. Not that it would affect the Reds chances either way, but I just couldn't deal with getting crushed by the Cards that much more.
    Atleast your not in denial about the Reds chances
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett