Thread: Cards Playoffs ramblings

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Cards Playoffs ramblings

Big day Yesterday! Pujols with the bomb and Carpenter with the gem. This team did exactly what they needed to do to get the win. Nice way to start off the post season.

An outstanding efforet put out by Jim edmonds last night as well. He went 2 for 4 despite nagging injuries that have had him far more familiar with the dugout then he ever wanted to be.

"I really wasn't worried about it too much," said Edmonds, who seemed to be alone in that camp entering the series.
    "This is the playoffs, and it's time for guys to go out there and play," he said. "You play hurt your whole career, and this is the time to go out there and play."

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=stl
    So a nice 5-1 victory puts the Cards on top in this best of 5 Division Series. Next up Jeff Weaver will have to face a postseason veteran David Wells. How do you guys think this one will turn out?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

It is a wide open field this year.. Even the "experts" dont know who to pick!!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Cards get the win! Pujols doing it big still as they get their win against the Pads once more. Sweep on the horizon after last night's shutout?

Yeah, this is a very tough game to pick because you dont know which Cardinal team you are going to get. Are we going to see the abysmal bullpen we saw before the playoffs? Or have the started a rebirth in the post season?

C you there
    MLB ERA
    hopefully The mets can take them out

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am not too sure they can. The Mets have done their thing so far, but their pitching may not be able to withstand another series as high a caliber as this one.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Mets have the better team on paper, but I am rooting for the Cards!!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep go Cards! Big NLCS game 1 tonight. Glavine vs. Weaver. Good matchup? I don't think the Cards really have much of a chance tonight. Here's why:

I believe that Pujols will not be pitched to by the Mets. Glavine is too smart for that and when he can, he will pitch around him or if he is going good try and get the ball where he can only make bad contact.

Glavine was 9-3 at Shea this season with a nasty ERA of 2.71. That is pretty nice for the aging star. He has 12 scoreless consecutive innings going into this game as well. His last start against the Cards? He won with 7 IP and they were shutout innings. And on the other side, Weaver has allowed 15 runs in 17 innings against the Mets.

Just my thoughts here, I want the Cards to win this series, but I do not think they will get it tonight if history has anything to do with it.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well the game was postponed due to bad weather last night. But my thoughts stand on this game tonight. Mets will take this one considering the stats.

MLB ERA
    Nice game tonight. Carpenter did not look very good, but the team pulled out a very important win.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yes sir, that game was nuts and I was happy to see the Cards get the victory despite Carpenter's struggles.

The series is tied right now and we are about to see the rubber match tonight. Weaver is going for these Cards. Man, they trust this guy to get it done on just 3 days rest?

"We sat down and they just made me feel comfortable as far as not wanting me to do too much to change anything," Weaver said. "They were happy with the way I go out there and compete, and they like the way that I had thrown against them when I played against the Cardinals. When you hear those things, it makes it easier to transition to a new team and just to find yourself and believe in yourself."

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=stl
    This game is set up to big real big. Glavine is going for the Mets as well and he has dominated in his playoff appearances this year without giving up a single run.

Is it a mistake to use Weaver here, or will they still pull it off?

AAA ERA
    Congrats to the Cards for another NL pennant.

Holy shit at Game 7. Crazy stuff, even though I missed a lot of it due to work.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.