Thread: Chris Duncan: Rookie of the Year?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Chris Duncan: Rookie of the Year?

with a .337 BA and 14 HR to his credit, this guys young career has taken off. A prized replacement for the loss of Sanders this year as his bat and presence in the lineup may be in line with Edmonds past. Is this just a fluke season, or does this guy have a legitimate shot at the ROY and to have a superstar type careeer?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Rookie of the Year is definately within his sights. I doubt he has the chance to be a superstar player though, the book on him has always been solid hitter, below average D.

I think think he projects as an average regular/pinch hitter. Think Todd Hollandsworth-ish. No arguing with what he's done so far this year, though.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Duncan should not even be considered for ROY, he simply doesn't have the innings under his belt. Zimmerman, Uggla, Fielder have all been there all season. Duncan to me is DH material since he is piss poor in the field as Wilton mentioned. The guy has a powerful swing and when he gets into to one, its a moonshot. He is definitely going to be in the lineup in '07.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    DH? Pinch hitter? You guys don't think he will start in the outfield for these Cardinals next season?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I think there is a very good chance of that happening since their main need is pitching. Duncan cost next to nothing so they can go out and get some pitching and possibly another CFer if they don't reach a new deal with Edmonds.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Josh Johnson and Dan Uggla for prez.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AA ERA
    BTW love_that_reefer, this is off topic, but I LOVE that avatar!
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett