Thread: Mvp

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Mvp

Is there any doubt that this man will get his second consecutive MVP? Pujols is now hitting .330 with 36 homeruns and 97 RBI. He also sports a .435 OBP. and has a very good glove at first base. Pujols was out for three weeks and when he came back, he was tied for the most homeruns and still had the most RBI. The most impressive stat of all is that Pujols has moe homeruns than strikeouts (34)!That there shows why he is the only true choice for MVP.

MLB ERA
    I still think Howard deserves it.

MLB ERA
    Howard is no question a deserving candidate but Pujols is still totally awesome and the Cardinals are in contention. The Phillies being out of it will hurt Howard's bid.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Pujols would have more homers and RBI than Howard given those three weeks. Howard will get some votes but in no way is he more deserving than Pujols.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Pujols rules.... He is the most dominating hitter in baseball.... Even more than Ortiz.... Pujols MVP, HANDS DOWN, NO CONTEST....

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Pujols would have more homers and RBI than Howard given those three weeks. Howard will get some votes but in no way is he more deserving than Pujols.
    I don't know if this was in response to my post or not but, I said Howard is a deserving candidate, but nobody is more deseving of it than Pujols.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Howard is going to be a threat for Pujols though in future years...

MLB ERA
    All he really needs to do is cut down on his strikeouts (which could lead to more hits or walks and a higher OBP) and play on a contender. Pujols hardly ever strikes out and he's got an OBP 50 points higher than Howard's to show for it.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

i agree

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    No I wasn't responding to you Molina but rather Rufio's post. Howard's a beast but Pujols does all the things Howard can't like good defensively, run the bases extremely well and not strike out.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    My tow cents:

Pujols takes the award. He is simply the guy that pitchers approach an entire lineup differently just because he is in it. He has everything. He is clutch, he is likely the bestt hitter since Tony Gwynn, he has power, and he can play 1B better than most expected. He is without a doubt the most talented player in the big leagues.