Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cards Lose 8 Straight!!!

AAA ERA
    Back to Back wins for the cards now they are starting to come around now. Too bad for the Brewers, Reds, and Stros none of them were really able to gain any ground on them.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Wow, the Cards absolutely destroyed the Reds yesterday...they didn't really look like a struggling team, eh?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Wow, the Cards absolutely destroyed the Reds yesterday...they didn't really look like a struggling team, eh?
    And they did it with Weaver pitching.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well today they ended up splitting the series with the Reds at two games apiece. The NL Central race is still in full effect as the Cards lead the Reds by 3.5 games.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I think it all boils down to St Louis just playing well enough to win and survive... They have a dammn good manager, and Pujols... That is enough to win the division this year, but in future years, this is going to be the toughest and maybe the deepest division in baseball. I feel all 6 teams are making or going to make some quality upgrades or otherwise they will be left in the dust.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I can agree with that brewersfan19. The Cards are pretty good with LaRussa and Pujols holding it down. But we all know it takes more than that to win a division. The Cards do have plenty more such as Carpenter and Rolen, but are they anywhere near as good as last season? Edmonds has fallen off, the pitching injuries have taken their toll, and even the Rolen injury has hurt. There was no midseason upgrade like Walker this year either.

Edmonds likely will not be a Cardinal next year, but Pujols still will. What do you guys make of this team in the direct future?

AAA ERA
    I wonder if La Russa is shitting his shorts?

7-1 Loss to the Pirates last night? ouch...
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Edmonds likely will not be a Cardinal next year, but Pujols still will. What do you guys make of this team in the direct future?
    They will still have Pujols, Rolen, Molina, Carpenter, Izzy, Wainwright, Encarnacion, Reyes and will probably resign Belliard. Jocketty will be a big player this offseason for pitching. Mulder might not be resigned so that gives the Cards Carpenter, Reyes and Wainwright set for the rotation. Jocketty will try his best to get Zito since they will have the money. They will probably be in the Andruw Jones sweepstakes this offseason if the Braves try and trade him. Duncan will probably man left field next year along with J Rod.
    1b- Pujols
    2b-Belliard
    SS-Eckstein
    3b-Rolen
    LF-Duncan
    CF-?
    RF-Encarnacion
    C-Molina

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

IMO..... I feel that the Cards are going to strictly concentrate on their pitching staff.... Carpenter/Reyes/Wainwright/Suppan(as #5) and revamping their middle relief.... With Pujols/Rolen in the middle of the lineup, they still have enough role players to be successful with the offense... They just need a decent hitting strong defensive centerfielder.

I could totally see them package Edmonds/Marquis and possibly some prospects and getting what they need. The hieracy for the Cards, seem to be successful at filling their voids...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Suppan and Marquis are free to leave after the season.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Marquis definitely will be gone..... Cards are letting everyone in their division hang around.... It is there for the taking and no one in the division is on a hot streak....

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    This is pure sucktitude. The Reds need to pick up this series and be within a half game. But they lost the first game of the series thanks to a horrible management decision to keep Narron as the manager whom refuses to play the best players.

Is he handing the Cards the title?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well the Cards took 2 of 3 from the Reds this time around. And it was the final time that these two teams face off for the season. The division is up to the way they play against other teams and avoiding any further slumps. The race is remaining a tight one.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Trust me, I feel your pain... Brewers need to win at least the next three against Houston.... Houston's offense is pathetic and the Brewers pitching staff makes them look like All-Stars...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12