Thread: Reyes to Start Thursday?

Cardinals Reyes to Start Thursday?

Anthony Reyes is expected to make his his 3rd start of the season on Thursday against Freddy Garcia and the Chicago White Sox. Reyes, who holds a 1-0 record this year with a 2.25 ERA is set to face a huge test in Chicago. When asked if Duncan was a 100% go for Thursday, pitching coach Dave Duncan replied that it was a "50-50" chance he could be starting on the mound. I think this is a huge test for the biggest Cardinals prospect since Rick Ankiel. Hopefully good things happen and he holds down the spot. It also doesnt hurt that I have Reyes in my keeper league and i must hold his rights if he hits 50 IP.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by msneezie31
    Anthony Reyes is expected to make his his 3rd start of the season on Thursday against Freddy Garcia and the Chicago White Sox. Reyes, who holds a 1-0 record this year with a 2.25 ERA is set to face a huge test in Chicago. When asked if Duncan was a 100% go for Thursday, pitching coach Dave Duncan replied that it was a "50-50" chance he could be starting on the mound. I think this is a huge test for the biggest Cardinals prospect since Rick Ankiel. Hopefully good things happen and he holds down the spot. It also doesnt hurt that I have Reyes in my keeper league and i must hold his rights if he hits 50 IP.
    Is that a wise idea after the pounding your bullpen has taken over the past couple of days? I know he's a good prospect, but what happens if he can only go 5? Not to mention the White Sox are on fire right now, which IMO is a bad situation to put a prospect into.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Why not test this guy against the reigning champs? See what this kid is made of. If it gets out of hand again, I see Gary Bennett pitching from the pen.