Thread: Mark Mulder

Cardinals Mark Mulder

I'm fed up with this crap. First i thought we got ripped when we gave up Haren and Barton for him, now i KNOW we got ripped off. This guy is useless and his contract is up after the season. I hope he's placed on the trading block immediately and i'd take whatever is offered for him. Hopefully a mid-line prospect is still a possibility after he has posted a 11.36 ERA in his last 6 starts. Great work Mark, keep it up.

I'll take him as closer.

Then again, the way our starters are playing, we'll be lucky to have 10 more save opps this year.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Send him home to the White Sox. As you know, they could use another good starter. He probably laid down for his favorite team tonight anyway.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    mulder is a shell of his former self. thats been pretty obvious for awhile.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    mulder is a shell of his former self. thats been pretty obvious for awhile.
    Ever since the 2004 all star break the man has gone downhill ever since. Have no clue why.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Ever since the 2004 all star break the man has gone downhill ever since. Have no clue why.
    he developed hip problems. I think he hurt it back at fenway back when he was with Oakland. he struggled that last half of 2003, seemed to get better, but his velocity never came all the way back. which is why he was dumped by oakland
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    they had said he hurt the hip prior to that start at Fenway, which I was at coincidentally

He had x-rays that showed he had a slight hip fracture...I've never heard of that happening to anyone except very, very old people without there being some sort of traumatic injury. i.e. a car accident or a serious fall. And that wasn't the case with him...I remember the A's being shocked when it was discovered. The Mulder trade balances out the Hudson trade as that has not panned out as well.

Haren has been better than Mulder, Calero has been a plus reliever, and Barton (currently injured with a fractured elbow from a collision) makes this trade laughable.

The Hudson trade on the other hand...Meyer has been hurt and ineffective at AAA. Charles Thomas had a shot at the Major League level, but is now going to be in AAA forever unless every OF gets hurt. Cruz sucked last year and got traded for Halsey...Halsey has been solid for the A's, but because the other two chips haven't worked out, the Braves get the edge in that trade...the Mulder trade gives the A's the edge in the 2 trades combined