Thread: Ponson Demoted

Cardinals Ponson Demoted

Sidney Ponson has been demoted to the bullpen after 2 rough starts in a row. It is said that rookie Anthony Reyes will be joining the rotation. FINALLY!!!!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Oh man, Reyes will be a huge addition to the rotation for sure. But I wonder if this puts Ponson on the trading block...

Could be interesting to see what comes of this. First and foremost, we all know he has a shady past. I wonder if he can be mature enough to accept this new role.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    But I wonder if this puts Ponson on the trading block...
    No one would want him, Ponson sucks. I was really suprised that the Cards signed him as FA........Just DA him and wash your hands of that problem.

Why? He's been solid this year.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Why? He's been solid this year.
    His last 10 starts 51.2 IP..........not really going deep into the games........bullpen killer, that's what he's doing for the Cards right now.

Still not their worst starter.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Still not their worst starter.
    Then why is he being demoted to the pen? Like I said in the post before he's their only starter that doesn't go deep in games.

He's being demoted to the pen because his last 2 starts have been horrible, he can't go deep into games, and his WHIP is over 1.50. But i have to agree that Suppan is the worst start out of the 5. But they are paying Suppan more money. Its like the Todd Jones/Fernando Rodney situation in Detroit. Do you think the Tigers really WANT to use Todd Jones?? They don't, but he's making so much money, they cant just waste him.