Thread: Cards Lose Four In A Row?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cards Lose Four In A Row?

How can this be? Their longest losing streak last year was three games. I'll tell ya how because LaRussa has yet to set up a lineup. He keeps switching Luna and Miles and Taguchi and Rodriguez. One of these guys has got to play six days of the week. Luna has been the best so far out of the second base position. He is playing good defense and is hitting the ball hard. Left field is a little harder to figure out. Taguchi is starting to come around and is the veteran but rodriguez has shown he can play.

Scott Rolen has also been out of the lineup with a respiratory infection. Speeeez has done a good job filling in but Rolen is the best. Rolen behind Pujols is the best fit.

Did I mention the starting pitching has blown some serious sausage? Carpenter and Ponsonare the only ones pitching well. Izzy has looked scary but the rest of the bullpen has looked good.

The cure for this madness? How about a three game series with the Marlins to stop all of this nonsense.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    LaRussa is a complete idiot and not even 1/4 the manager he thinks he is.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well I for one am happy that they have lost these games. The Reds are still able to hold on to 1st place with a slumping lineup. Crazy, but good to see. I think some of it has to do with Pujols having that bad back and not playing at 100% as well.