Thread: Mulder to DL.......What's Next?

Cardinals Mulder to DL.......What's Next?

Mark Mulder is headed to the 15 day DL which means what?? Is Ponson entered back into the rotation?? Will the Cardinals stick with a 4 man until he returns?? Will someone be called up and if so, who?? Will Wainwright move into the rotation??? All are very interesting questions and I'm looking forward to whats going to happen.

MLB ERA
    It will be Ponson:

Jun 23 The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Joe Strauss reports St. Louis Cardinals SP Sidney Ponson was restored to the pitching rotation. Ponson will throw Sunday, June 25, against the Chicago White Sox. He was removed earlier this month from the rotation but came back on it when the club put SP Mark Mulder (shoulder) on the DL.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2500127

DETROIT -- St. Louis Cardinals left-hander Mark Mulder has rotator cuff inflammation and irritation in his left shoulder, an MRI revealed.

The Cardinals plan to re-examine Mulder's shoulder in about a week, and haven't set a timetable on his return. Mulder was supposed to start Sunday, but Sidney Ponson took his spot in the rotation against the Tigers.
    uh oh...that's not exactly good news for the Cards.

It honestly doesn't bother me. Sidney Ponson pitched well today but the bullpen blew it again. Our left handers aren't doing anything in the bullpen and i saw with Pujols back, the Cardinals will look to upgrade pitching over hitting when they make trade talks. I'm sick of Mark Mulder and hopefully he doesn't get the money he wants when he's a FA next year.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah but it is still going to hurt not having him isnt it? I guess you could thank God that Reyes is up now though. Just another tough break for the Cards. This has not been a great year for them on th health front at all.