Thread: Ponson gets final spring work in at Busch debut

Rookie ERA

Ponson gets final spring work in at Busch debut

Did anyone make it to the game tonight? From what I've heard, the stadium looks awesome.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...9?OpenDocument

Ponson gets final spring work in at Busch debut
    By R.B. Fallstrom
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    04/04/2006
    The St. Louis Cardinals' new fifth starter could not have had a higher profile for his final tuneup before the regular season.

Sidney Ponson, who just wanted to get his work in, threw the first pitches at the new $365 million Busch Stadium before a sold-out crowd Tuesday night. In a matchup of the team's top minor league franchises that served as a dress rehearsal before the home opener on Monday against the Brewers, he was the lone major leaguer on the field and the top gate attraction.

Ponson also was the only player who dressed in the spacious, luxurious home-team clubhouse. Triple-A Memphis and Double-A Springfield, which won the game 5-3, both crammed into the visitor's clubhouse.

The new ballpark drew raves from all the participants, even though work remains.

"It's not even completely done yet and it's really, really nice," Ponson said after a six-inning stint with Springfield. "I imagine when the left field nosebleed (section) is done and everything is where it's supposed to be, I think this park is going to be tremendous."

MLB ERA
    Doh I fogot the Cardinals get a new stadium this year . The new stadium looks very neat. Well the April 10th is when the Cardinals will have their first regular season game at the new Bush Stadium.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    How will Ponson do this season? Hes been inconsistent his whole career. If he turns out to be decent then the Cards are going to be dangerous again.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)