Thread: Mini Juicers....... :lol:

MLB ERA

Mini Juicers....... :lol:

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Steroids aren't to blame, but even the Little League is reining in its power hitters. Construction started last week to push the fences back 20 feet at the home of the Little League World Series, cutting the chances for homers and creating a more spacious outfield that should lead to more doubles and triples.

ADVERTISEMENT

The fences at South Williamsport's Howard J. Lamade and Volunteer stadiums will be 225 feet from home plate once construction wraps up in July. The distance to the fences was previously 205 feet at both venues.

The decision to push back the fences is not intended to thwart a growing population of pumped-up 12-year-olds but instead give outfielders more ground to cover.

"While home run production has remained fairly constant over the last several years, we have noticed there are few doubles and triples," said Joseph W. Losch, senior vice president of Little League Baseball and Softball. "This move, while probably decreasing home run production by a small fraction, will increase the possibilities for other extra-base hits."

Over the last 20 years, the Little League World Series has seen 571 homers — about one every 26 at-bats. But over that time there have been just 36 triples — one every 406 at-bats — and 502 doubles.

Built in 1959, Lamade Stadium was 200 feet to the fences until 1996, when it was pushed back to 205. Volunteer Stadium, with 205-foot fences, was completed in 2001.

The 60th Little League World Series is scheduled for Aug. 18-27.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It's all your fault Barroids!!!!

225 is too far. They should've made it 215.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I think 225 is too much,and they'll see the amount of home runs drop a whole lot,which I think will turn many people off to watching the LLWS.

215-220 would have been just fine.

But damn,how are these kids getting so big?It's the chemicals in the meat I tell ya,lol!
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    How bout this, instead of giving them aluminum bats, why don't you give them wooden bats. Those are the ones the inventors of the game intended to be used.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    I guess I just find it kind of ironic that in the age of the juice they're even moving the fences back for little leaguers. That said, if old Mr Selig had it his way I'm confident that they would move the fences IN and he would crack down hard on the T-Ball players drinking too much Kool-Aid trying to get to the show.

Selig = Assclown.