Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 86 reasons to hate the Saux / thank you /10000th post!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Red Sox 86 reasons to hate the Saux / thank you /10000th post!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...d/050412&num=0

44. Roger Clemens wearing the eyeblack and then going berserk in the 1990 playoffs against the A's. Classy.
    I remember that

seriously, I hate the Saux more than I dislike the Yanks...at least the Yanks are classy and respectful for the most part...The Saux can seriously shove it
    Last edited by Providence A's; 04-12-2005 at 07:00 PM. Reason: 10000th post

MLB ERA
    Better known as:
    86 reasons why I'm a bitter Mariners fan

(referring to the article-writer, of course)

And class? yankees fan? Haha.

AA ERA
    I don't care for both franchises and I don't care for their fanbases. Red Sox and Yankees just annoy the hell out of me.

Red Sox fans are pretty annoying themselves and I am so sick and tired of ESPN scramming the Red Sox on our throats. I am also sick of that promo of Fever Pitch on Television. I hope that movie flames out in the box office.

MLB ERA
    And class? yankees fan? Haha.
    I meant the team at least has class just to clarify what I meant

Yeah, classy Yankee fans my ass. The Sox fans are pretty brutal, but to call Yankee fans classy while denouncing the Sox fans is asinine.

Oh yeah, the Sox are really unclassy as we all know. Care to give some backup on why the team is classless? And I mean the team. Saying because Tek shoved A-Rod with his mask on doesn't count, since he is one player in a massive organization.

In fact, this article is so stupid (how stupid is it), here are some refuting points

1. That is the scheduling maker and media's fault, not the Red Sox. Not to mention, the D-Rays and Jays play 19 games, the Nationals and the Mets play 19 games, etc.

2. Manny didn't change one bit from the regular season to the playoffs.

3. So, if Johnny Damon was on, say, the Padres, it would be okay?

4. See #3

5. Hating the Sox because of your own creation ESPN.

6&7. Fair.

8. See #5

9. Fair

10. ...comparing one of the greatest players ever who was anti-social to a seeming-roider and arguably worst personality in the game is asinine. How much do you want to bet that Bonds wouldn't give up the prime of his career in the war?

11. At worst, it was a chop (and I'm convinced he slapped his leg, like he does after pretty much any game).

12. Hypocrisy. Hating Tek but not, say, Mike Sweeney. Not his fault that the Seattle GM was outwitted by DAN DUQUETTE.

13. So because the Yawkey's were the last ownership to take a black player on, you hate the Warner/Lucchino Red Sox. Logical.

14&15. Butch Hobson? He's reaching at point 14? Wow.

16. ...he and anyone who blamed Buckner should be castrated, hell, just bury them already. It wasn't his fault.

17. Any Sox fan with a brain didn't blame Buckner. It's like blaming Bartman for the 2003 Cubs collapse.

18-21. So, the fanbase blames those guys. Therefore, they cannot blame Buckner. He needs to make up his mind.

22-23: Agreed.

24. How about the other 29 GMs who didn't claim the eventual WS MVP. Imagine 20 million dollars in Epstein's hands.

25. Most fans who loved Nomar, still love Nomar. Most fans who didn't like Nomar, still don't like Nomar.

26. I can agree to that, but you're hating the fanbase for the team...again

27. See 26, of course, his Mariners have an injured Pokey Reese now. Enjoy!

28-30: I personally blame HBO, ESPN, and the documentary makers.

31. Heh...Spaceman...

32. Yeah, they hate the guy that beat them in a playoff entry game. Anything wrong with that?

33. So, he can hate Roger Clemens, but Sox fans deserve loathing for hating Dent?

34. I'll bite, I don't get why he's going back to the 30's and I don't get the reference.

35. That I can agree on.

36. Of course, the most expensive, smallest, and one of the most uncomfortable parks in baseball combined with (what was at the time), a crappy team, is anyone surprised?

37. ...

38-39: ...

40. They've been gone since ST

41. How many teams does he hate then?

42. Sasaki? Suzuki?

43. Word.

44. Oh no, he went insane during a playoff game, a guy that most of RSN dislikes, oh noes.

45-46. Aren't those a tad hypocritical?

47. Agreed, that's classless.

48-59. You hate writers like yourself, not the Sox. Also, we don't like Shaughnessy either.

60. See other Dent point.

61. ???

62. OK.

63-64. Care to guess why he doesn't get enough credit for 64? Take a look at 63? Although I would have done the game thing.

65. 64

66. Does a Mariner fan, with that 2001 Ichiro debacle, have any right to talk about the piss-poor 1995 vote? And one could argue Belle should have won in 95 anyway.

67-69. There's something in common.

70. Is this more of a why he hates the Yankees thing?

71. Two games guys, two games!

72-74. Personally, I think whining about whining and loathing loathers is pretty bad too.

75. Not saying it's right, because it isn't, but how many teams have done this. These supposedly classy Yankee fans (rolling eyes) caused a riot squad to come on the field in 2004, and do I need to get into the A's fans doing the same thing over a BAD CALL IN A REGULAR SEASON GAME. It wasn't even a phantom tag type play, one could see why the ump botched it.

76. His most similar player was Chili Davis? When was the last time you saw a Davis jersey in Yankee stadium.

77. That is sad.

78. Heh, I remember that game. I <3 the Gator.

79. Kudos to the author on this reference. Pretty obscure. Although the only reason you could really hate the guy (as the author) is that Duquette used his information in the Lowe/Tek trade.

80. Ew.

81. Agreed.

82. I should hit him with a crowbar over the head for bashing Guapo. Guapo was a fat, middle reliever who was the stalwart of the Sox pen for years.

83. That was funny...>_>

84. Agreed.

85. See other FP note.

86. *smirk*

And yes, I just responded to all 86 points seriously to a Page 2 article. Fear.

MLB ERA
    Here is classless homer:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/rho..._for_children/

Charging little kids $200 for autographs...you don't here about other teams doing that

The bill is pretty flawed. If I were an autograph trader, I'd get a bunch of 13 year olds, give them ten bucks a piece, and my profits would be astronomical.

Actually, A-Rod and Bonds, IIRC, were in a signing session charging people more than that for a quick meet and greet and auto signing.

And BTW, the classy Yankees? They coveted a player (Clemens) who was notorious for that.

MLB ERA
    Actually, A-Rod and Bonds, IIRC, were in a signing session charging people more than that for a quick meet and greet and auto signing.
    you said use "team" not "individual players", so which is it? You're using individual players as examples now

Bill sponsor, Sen. Roger Badeau, said he was appalled when Boston Red Sox players participated in an autograph signing event in Providence after their World Series win last fall, and parents had to shell out nearly $200 so their children could get an autograph.

You were talking about players, I talked about players.

Oh, and as for the money, I have no qualms with it when most people are willing to turn a team signed item around and sell it for 1000% profit.

MLB ERA
    I'd like to know how many of these kids went back and sold it...point is before they won the championship, they didn't do that kinda stuff and since they won they're trying to cash in...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    unnecessary overanalyzation and ridicule goes here
    Jesus ****, did you have to quote ALL of them?

Some players did do that prior to the WS. If you look in baseball card guides, many of the largest card shows charge for autograph signings. Some players are not the only ones to do it. In the collecting world, you have to protect value.

I didn't quote a single one...I just referenced all of them. It really didn't take long.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Some players did do that prior to the WS. If you look in baseball card guides, many of the largest card shows charge for autograph signings. Some players are not the only ones to do it. In the collecting world, you have to protect value.
    some of the sox did? cause I meant the sox...I'm well aware that players having charging for autographs long before the saux did I don't think any of them should; they make enough money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast