Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will the Mets go win #1?

AA ERA

When will the Mets go win #1?

Pick a date.

I will say Sunday with Pedro on the mound.

I did not think they were going to be good, but to be 0-4 is not good either.

I had a feeling when Looper blew that save Monday afternoon, I had that feeling of here they go again. That blown save is clearly bad.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    when Pedro gets drilled during an AB

MLB ERA
    When they bring back the master of disaster, Art Howe. Now there's a guy that can really lite a fire under some people's asses.

Mets are scuhrewed.

AA ERA
    Speaking of Art Howe, he has to be laughing at his home in Houston about the Mets start. Of course, he is not that type of person and I bet he is obvilious to it. Still, he has to have some sort of vindication because he was ran out of town by the media and the fans. Of course, Art brought this upon himself for the fact that you just mentioned, ADH. I am still stunned how Art became that inept and incompetent with the Mets. I actually thought he was the right man for the job until I found out that his players did not actually play for him not to mentioned he seemed disinterested a lot.

As for Willie, fans are already are whining about his rules and his managerial moves. I think Mets fans are going to let him know it through booing if he is winless heading to the home opener. Mets fans did not even like the hire in the first place. They wanted that loser, Bobby Valentine to manage that team.

I think Willie is doing fine. It's not his fault that the offense is scuffling right now and the fact his bullpen stinks. Mets fans were talking about the lack fo respect their team was getting from the local and national media this spring. WTF do they expect? Mets have no pen and their starting rotation is so iffy especially with Trachsel out for the year and the fact we have no clue when Kris Benson will come back.

Mets are 80-85 wins at best and I might even be generous.

I certainly don't disagree with much of your insight Steak.

My thing is...give a guy a good 3-4 seasons to prove if his system works or not. The Mets can't expect to go straight to the Penthouse after fighting to stay out of the outhouse. They made some great moves as the Tigers in the A.L. did but it takes some time to jell as a team. At this point it is up to Willie(who will be a great manager, IMO) to determine what small piece of the puzzle is missing. The nucleus is there but is the "it" that makes a team a team there?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    The Mets are going to win soon, they just still have their minds in Cincy. I mean they are baffled by their series loss that they cannot get it together. I look for them to realize that they are not playing the Reds still very soon. Fear Red!

AA ERA
    RLA: I like your statement about do the Mets players have it in them to succeed. We will see what happens with the core players in Reyes, Wright, and Beltran. Beltran seems to be a natural leader from what I read in Spring Training.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    The Mets are going to win soon, they just still have their minds in Cincy. I mean they are baffled by their series loss that they cannot get it together. I look for them to realize that they are not playing the Reds still very soon. Fear Red!
    Why would they care about the Red when they are currently playing an obvious superior Atlanta Braves team

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    i say around 4/20

AA ERA
    Well the Mets finally pulled one out as they won this afternoon. Pedro was fantastic. He has been very good in his first two starts.

Still I wonder if Willie will be booed in the home opener tommorow.

Nice call Steak on your prediction. New York is a tough town. They tend to get on you if you don't get out of the gate fast.

I will say there will be some jeers for Willie.

MLB ERA
    Fun Fact. 1-5 is the same record the Mariners had thorugh 6 games last year. The M's went 0-5, just like the Mets, and won the 6th game. The Mariners finished 63-99.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

AA ERA
    The Reds need the Mets to come back to town

AA ERA
    RLA: I had a good feeling with Pedro on the mound today that the Mets would have won. Pedro has been fantastic in his first two starts. He is like Johan is to the Twins. Good things happen to the Mets when he is on the mound every five days. Mets expect to win when he is on the mound. He certainly has shined and he has been a great leader in the clubhouse.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Element
    Fun Fact. 1-5 is the same record the Mariners had thorugh 6 games last year. The M's went 0-5, just like the Mets, and won the 6th game. The Mariners finished 63-99.
    I just want to forget that 63-99 season lol
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast