Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Laughing at Mariano's failures

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Laughing at Mariano's failures

Because he is DONE. He could not get it done in yesterday's game and allowed a homerun to Varitek that blew the save, and now today has been just a complete mess. Rivera's not hitting his spots at all, hitters aren't scared of him, he clearly can't get it done anymore. A 3-2 Yankees lead is now a 6-3 Red Sox laugher. Rivera is to blame. Two blown saves in a row, velocity down, location way off, retirement soon to come.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Rivera gets pulled for Felix Rodriguez. How shameful.

Basically everyone (aside from Trot Nixon) hit the ball hard off Rivera. It's over I tell you.

AA ERA
    It's so clear now that the Red Sox know how to solve Rivera.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. That's four straight blown saves against the Red Sox, if anyone's counting at home.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    When is Rivera's contract up? If they want to win a championship, not only they have an outstanding lineup and starting pitching, they need a closer. Every closer will blow a save now and then but blowing 4 out of 5, including the postseason, is something to worry about.

AA ERA
    The Red Sox just know Rivera now, that's all.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Retirement talk at this point... is ****ing hilariously idiotic. However... yea, he looked real ****ing scared today. Real scared to go inside, real scared to miss his spot... as opposed to him usually striking fear in the other team.

Meanwhile, Sturtze and Gordon continue to mow them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants666
    The Red Sox just know Rivera now, that's all.
    Exactly.

You know, in 2004, if you take the Sox out, Mariano blew exactly two saves and his ERA was miniscule. He may not be Mariano the Destroyer anymore who you can essentially make it an 8 or 7 inning game, but he is, at worst, a low 1st/high 2nd tier closer. You hav Gagne, Nathan, Lidge types, and Rivera can be in that group. Or he can be in the Foulke group (although Foulke could be in group 1 too).

I do not disagree. He needs another pitch. I have sad that in the past. You can use one pitch over and over for nearly 10 years...espeically facing the RedSox 50+ times in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    It's so clear now that the Red Sox know how to solve Rivera.

MLB ERA
    I'm sure this will be the lead freakin story at Red Sox/Yankees homer/panic button central (ESPN).

It does seem ridiculous. I can understand the opener getting a lot of hype, but even though I was excited and jumping, it's game 3 of a 162 game season, nothing to be shocked about. Mo just had a bad day.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    It should only be three straight blown saves in my opinion. That game in the ALCS where he came in with men on second and third and no outs because of Gordon and Rivera got the blown save. Hard for any closer to do with no outs. Ground ball scores one. Rivera just needs to get away from Boston. Retirement talk is just plain dumb. Benitez was one of the top closers last year, why didn't he get named?

AA ERA
    Speaking of closers, how about closers blowing saves. You got Braden Looper blowing a save for the Mets on Opening Day. Trevor Hoffman blew a save for the Padres on Opening Day. Mariano Rivera blew two saves this week against the Red Sox who has his number. Keith Foulke blowing a save for the Red Sox and he is nails as you saw in the postseason last year. Bob Wickman blew a save for the Indians today.

Thank God Joe Nathan has yet to blow a save for the Twins. He is awesome.

Rookie ERA
    Start of the season they all have excuses...except Rivera who is just crap against the sox. Like your version of Pedro. Demolished everyone except the Yanks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast