Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A-Rod owned by Selig

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Answer me this...

Do you feel he is a traitor?

This is about playing a baseball game. It isn't like he leaked a CIA agent.
    No. Had you been actually reading and understanding my previous posts in this thread and the WBC thread, you would know that my original premise was that 1) This is not a big deal, and 2) A-Rod should be free to choose whatever country he would like to play for.

MLB ERA
    Then what the problem is?

If that is the case, then I don't see why you & I are arguing since we agree with each other.

AAA ERA
    I don't think Alex hates the United States or anything, he is just trying to honor his culture! It is possible to live your people's culture, while not having to live in DR.

Latin America can be a very dangerous place to live.
    I wasn't implying that A-Rod hates America. Honor you're culture by building a school in the DR, or or a hospital, or make sure their police department is equipped. Make thier lives better somehow. (He could already be doing this for all I know). I think that would be much more noble than playing in a baseball game for them. Like you said, its just a game!

He should pay a little respect to the culture that actually raised him, by playing in a baseball game for the US.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    So just because a few kids teased you as a kid, you're going to hold a grudge for the rest of your life? If you let a few idiots ruin your childhood that your problem and no one else's.

No one is asking anyone to change their culture, but for all that America gave a guy like A-Rod, would it kill him to return the favor and put on the USA's uniform in this tournament?

They were Dominican neighborhoods, but:
    Who built the house that A-Rod grew up in? American architects...
    Who built A-Rod's high school? American contractors...
    Who payed for A-Rod education? American tax payers...
    Who secured the streets A-Rod lived on? American police officers...
    Who secured the country A-Rod grew up in? American soldiers...

Would be too much to ask for A-Rod to return the favor? I don't care what color his skin is. What country has had the most positive effect on his life?

Everyone ask yourself these questions.
    How do you know that for sure.....anyways. How did those American contractors, taxpayers, police officers and architects come into existence....beating the British. Its a freaking baseball game guys. Not World War III.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA
    Then what the problem is?

If that is the case, then I don't see why you & I are arguing since we agree with each other.
    I think we disagree on whether or not A-Rod has any responsability to play for the US.

He could make his own choise. I think he ought to choose the US, and would be being a little selfish otherwise.

AAA ERA
    This is about playing a baseball game. It isn't like he leaked a CIA agent.
    Not yet, who knows where this can lead

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    I wasn't implying that A-Rod hates America. Honor you're culture by building a school in the DR, or or a hospital, or make sure their police department is equipped. Make thier lives better somehow. (He could already be doing this for all I know). I think that would be much more noble than playing in a baseball game for them. Like you said, its just a game!

He should pay a little respect to the culture that actually raised him, by playing in a baseball game for the US.
    Fair enough, but at the end of the day it's his call.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    How do you know that for sure.....anyways. How did those American contractors, taxpayers, police officers and architects come into existence....beating the British. Its a freaking baseball game guys. Not World War III.
    The Revolutionary War has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. Now you're being silly. The reason we're discussing it is because it is an intriguing question. ATLein and I are having a friendly dialogue about it (correct me if I'm wrong ATLein ). Again if you had been reading all along you would have seen that I don't think this is a big deal, but its interesting discussion nonetheless. That's the reason there is such a thing as a Message Board. We come here to discuss things. See both sides of an issue (JoeK, aside). Debate our stance. If we all agreed and nothing mattered, then whats the point of even coming here?
    Last edited by Hmark6; 07-14-2005 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling

MLB ERA
    Yeah, we just discussing man. Just friendly banter. No calling each other names, no yelling. Just the way I like it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Wheres Max Kellerman when we need him, it seems like Around the Horn..all were missing is Woody Paige...wait isnt that Joek.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Wheres Max Kellerman when we need him, it seems like Around the Horn..all were missing is Woody Paige...wait isnt that Joek.
    Woody Paige is my hero. JoeK is the noid.
    A-Rod owned by Selig Attached Images A-Rod owned by Selig-noid2-jpg 

MLB ERA
    Before you bash the man read this..

"It would be a privilege for me to represent the U.S., and it would be a privilege for me to represent the Dominican Republic. Right now, it's in Bud Selig's hands to say what the rules are, and whatever they are, I'm going to follow."

A-Rod is all class. I think it is pretty ****ed up for Selig to tell Alex that it is the Commish who will decide who he plays for.

AAA ERA
    Again, those comments were after he found out it was up to Bud, he is just kissing up to Bud and trying to do the same to the American public.

Read what he had to say before that:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2106934

MLB ERA
    A-Rod has to toe company line, or the media will eat him alive. It's his job.

Hey, I'm Woody Page. Now let me speak!

A-ROD SHOULD PLAY FOR AMERICA! HE'S A YANKEE PLAYER, BORN, RAISED IN NY, WHICH, AT LAST CHECK, IS IN AMERICA. A-ROD IS NOT A DOMINICAN PLAYER. WHAT IF I WANTED TO PLAY FOR RU---- [MUTE]

Oh yeah, it's not Kellerman..it's Statboy.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast