Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really Boston Fans? Really?

MLB ERA

Re: Really Boston Fans? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    But to say our farm system flat out sucks is just silly. Come on now bro.

Can't knock you though? Really? After how we have been playing against you guys lately how are you so confident that you guys would knock us out and it wouldn't be the other way around?

Congratulations on the 0-3, that was awesome but all of you and your little buddies (Sox fans) need to get over it. Move on, I mean seriously. Yeah it was cool,l but dude, get over it. I love when Sox fans also bring up "buying titles" as if you guys don't spend a lot of money as well.

I don't even know what to say to you. Please, please, please explain to me how Derek Jeter is overrated. I really want to hear this.
    Si Players Mlb Poll - 06.23.08 - SI Vault

This was voted by his own peers!!!

MLB ERA

MLB ERA

There is a difference between 130 mil and 240 mil... how many homegrown guys are there on the Yankees? Jeter, Cano, Posada, Hughes, Melkie, Joba, Mo... I think thats it.

And for the Sox, Youk, Pedroia, Lowrie, Ellsbury, Lester, Tazawa, Bowden, Delcarmen, Papelbon, Buchholz... so I don't understand why you think your farm system has done a better job and its not rated as highly either...

You should have more WS when you spend a lot more money (100+ mil) than 2nd place in the league...

Ohh and there is only 1 place in America where a little kid will get a beer thrown or dumped on him when trying to cheer for his player... and that would be Yankee Stadium

Ohh and Derek Jeter is overrated... he was rated 30 out of 30 last year when it came to defensive ratings at SS
    Last edited by cjkalt; 08-25-2009 at 08:20 PM.
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Tazawa isn't home grown...they signed him from a Japanese league. He got to choose who he signed with and didn't even spend a whole year in the minors. It's not like he was an international signing that is the equivalent of an American amateur draftee. He's closer to Dice-K than he is to Bowden/Buchholz in that respect. And I wouldn't be touting Nick Green as one of your better home grown players.

Regardless, both teams have increased their focus on the draft and developing players. Both teams still make trades and sign free agents.

MLB ERA

I think he's closer to Bowden... he played in a lower league in Japan (closer to college) and asked to not be drafted in the Japan League Draft so I honestly view him as more of a prospect than a Dice-K...

And Green wasn't a spec... I meant Lowrie whose had some injury problems this year... I'm just saying the Red Sox are a lot better at it than the Yankees
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Si Players Mlb Poll - 06.23.08 - SI Vault

This was voted by his own peers!!!
    I don't want to see polls about it. I want to read what YOU have to say about Derek Jeter being overrated. Please do elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    There is a difference between 130 mil and 240 mil... how many homegrown guys are there on the Yankees? Jeter, Cano, Posada, Hughes, Melkie, Joba, Mo... I think thats it.

And for the Sox, Youk, Pedroia, Lowrie, Ellsbury, Lester, Tazawa, Bowden, Delcarmen, Papelbon, Buchholz... so I don't understand why you think your farm system has done a better job and its not rated as highly either...

You should have more WS when you spend a lot more money (100+ mil) than 2nd place in the league...

Ohh and there is only 1 place in America where a little kid will get a beer thrown or dumped on him when trying to cheer for his player... and that would be Yankee Stadium

Ohh and Derek Jeter is overrated... he was rated 30 out of 30 last year when it came to defensive ratings at SS
    Man, you are ****ing idiot. MLB payrolls-

1. Yankees- $ 201,449,289

2. Mets- $ 135,773,988

Don't believe it? Here ya go, http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/salaries

Call me crazy but that isn't 100 mil difference. Maybe more like, $ 65,675,301?

Did you forget Pettitte, Coke, and Gardner?

Overrated? You are such bias little ***** that you can't admit that he isn't overrated. Do some ****ing research before you try to talk shit. Jeter was 5th last year in SS ratings. MLB Baseball Fielding Statistics and League Leaders - Major League Baseball - ESPN
    Read that, *****.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Thats this year... I'm saying when they won the WS... look its still 70 more than 2nd place, thats a lot of money... Gardner is hurt, Coke is okay... and yea forgot about Petitte, thats a fair point
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    Thats this year... I'm saying when they won the WS... look its still 70 more than 2nd place, thats a lot of money... Gardner is hurt, Coke is okay... and yea forgot about Petitte, thats a fair point
    Last time they won the WS? So, 2000? 2000 MLB payrolls-

1. Yankees - $92,538,260

2. Dodgers - $88,124,286

CNNSI.com - MLB Baseball - 2000 Baseball Payrolls - Thursday April 13, 2000 06:29 AM

MLB Payrolls for years 2000 to 2005

100 mil difference?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

wow... i thought it was a lot more than that... okay Im wrong
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    I don't want to see polls about it. I want to read what YOU have to say about Derek Jeter being overrated. Please do elaborate.
    Because his peers opinion hold more merit than mine. But sure.

Lets see, how many gold gloves did he have before Arod was traded to Yankees? 0

Jeter can't field his position, if the ball is hit to his left, he has trouble with it, if its hit to his right, he's good at that.
    Jeter is also overpaid, he makes 20+Mil for a guy who only has 1 100 rbi season, and only 3 20+ HR seasons. For his production he is overated and overpaid.

MLB ERA

So you're gonna sit here and tell me a guy with a .317 life time .AVG and a .387 OBS is overrated? Sure he doesn't hit for power, thats not him. But he hits for average and he does it very well. The lowest his batting average has ever been at the end of a full season is .292. He's also only had 1 full season where he hasn't had 100 + runs. Every year you know you're going to get production from this guy. He has been consistent every year. You never have to worry about whether or not he is going to perform. Sure, he may not be the best defensive SS but is his defense really that atrocious that it makes it so he is the "most overrated played" in the league? No. He makes incredible plays all the time. To say someone is overrated but has the stats and rings Derek Jeter has is just foolish. You don't take into account his leadership either. That can't be measured by statistics but to have a leader like him is priceless. Its hard to come by players like him. Don't hate him just to hate him. Appreciate him for the way he plays the game and the way he carries himself and respects not only the game but everyone around him. I can guarantee people will miss Jeter when he is gone.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

If Derek Jeter is such a good leader/captain, then where **** was pathetic ****ing yankee fans were booing Arod a couple of years ago? Torre and the Mayor defended Arod, but the captain didn't say jack shit. Great leader, my ass.

MLB ERA

Really? So you're gonna take that one thing and turn that into the fact that he isn't a great leader? Wait, what about him being overrated? You didn't mention anything about that. Maybe because you were wrong.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Your the one who mentioned how great of a leader he is, and I just told why he isn't a great leader, and how overrated he really is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12