View Poll Results: Does love_that_reefer bash the Yankees?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, LTR bashes them at every turn

4 26.67%
  • No, there's a difference between bashing and giving honest opinions with points to back them up

11 73.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does LTR Bash the Yankees?

MLB ERA

Re: Does LTR Bash the Yankees?

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    First off the Farve move was terrible. There team isn't built to win now, they will go 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs and then you have to deal with the whole is Farve going to retire story. I'd rather develop a young QB for the future cause the present isn't the time for the jets.
    What young QB do the Jets have that's worth developing?

I think it was a good move.

They won't care about the retiring saga because he's not a Jets legend like he is in Green Bay.

I predict they quickly move on the second Favre says he's retiring, whether or not he changes his mind down the line.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Don't confuse being active w/ being the best, I'm more of a quality over quantity type of person. His type is needed at every good board and he can be a good poster at times but once he starts losing an argument he goes right into the personal attacks. I don't recall ever having a problem w/ him until recently, I don't have problems w/ people rationally criticizing the Yankees and they deserve it this year BUT he's always bashing the Yanks(and then the jets after the Favre move).

I agree w/ you but when a person claims he doesn't have bias but it's obvious in his posts thats where I have a probelm. If he was honest I would never have gotten into it w/ him.
    Yes please go read the posts he made!! Not once did I "bash" the Yankees in any of the posts he quoted me on. I found it quite hilarious!! Please go read about what I said about the Jets!!! PLEASE do! Me saying the Jets won't make the playoffs is just too harsh for this man!! What a bash I gave them. Oh my god!! That;s is just too harsh man!! Answer me this nyjunc if you ever did answer a question because I still waiting for proof of bashing, where was I ever irrational of my criticism? My made valid points all regarding baseball. My opinions were clear and backed up. You are lost man!!

I also found it funny that you blame me for the personal attacks You calling me stupid and me going right back at you is what happened. Plus I never was losing an argument!

I encourage everyone to go read nyjunc's sorry excuse for proof. He quoted me bashing ESPN for SHOWING the Yankees as well as the Red Sox(must be a Saux hater too) too much. He quotes me saying Washburn was not the best the Yankees could do and he quotes me saying the Rays would beat the Yankees this year all the way back in spring training. Yankees fans voted nyjunc and said I wasn't a basher. Nice try and another lie from nyjunc!! This poll is says it all!

Looks like Bay is having a really tough time producing for the Red Sox. No way could Holliday do that.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post

It seems like he's "always" bashing the Yankees because they deserve a lot of criticism this year.

If I recall correctly he's praised the Yankees on more than one occasion regarding the Xavier Nady trade.
    Don't worry, he doesn't read all the good I write about the Yankees apparently. He has a selective memory. Doesn't remember me saying Rivera is the best closer, how much I like Jeter and just the other day me saying Mussina should be the Comeback Player of the Year.

And how dare you say the Yankees deserve a lot of critcism!! That's bashing!!!!!

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yes please go read the posts he made!! Not once did I "bash" the Yankees in any of the posts he quoted me on. I found it quite hilarious!! Please go read about what I said about the Jets!!! PLEASE do! Me saying the Jets won't make the playoffs is just too harsh for this man!! What a bash I gave them. Oh my god!! That;s is just too harsh man!! Answer me this nyjunc if you ever did answer a question because I still waiting for proof of bashing, where was I ever irrational of my criticism? My made valid points all regarding baseball. My opinions were clear and backed up. You are lost man!!

I also found it funny that you blame me for the personal attacks You calling me stupid and me going right back at you is what happened. Plus I never was losing an argument!

I encourage everyone to go read nyjunc's sorry excuse for proof. He quoted me bashing ESPN for SHOWING the Yankees as well as the Red Sox(must be a Saux hater too) too much. He quotes me saying Washburn was not the best the Yankees could do and he quotes me saying the Rays would beat the Yankees this year all the way back in spring training. Yankees fans voted nyjunc and said I wasn't a basher. Nice try and another lie from nyjunc!! This poll is says it all!

Looks like Bay is having a really tough time producing for the Red Sox. No way could Holliday do that.
    There's plenty of proof in that thread and I garely made it through a few pages of your post history. When I get more time I'll post more.

The ESPN quote about Yanks and Sox just proved your jealousy which you claimed you didn't have.

I apologize for calling you an idiot, I got caught up in the name calling that you started.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

There was zero proof in the posts you made. Please go find more so I can BASH your proof because there is no proof since I'm not a Yankee hater. For one post you can find of what you think is bashing, I can find one of me praising the Yanks. Selective memory on you.

So I guess I am bashing and jealous of the Red Sox too? Nope, try again! Bashing ESPN for playing the same teams over and over is not jealousy. I want variety!! I guess I'm jealous of the movie industry when HBO plays the same five movies and I ***** about that?

Apology accepted. Now when you apologize for falsely calling me a Yankee basher when its obvious I'm not, I will gladly accept that one too. Keep thinking you are smarter than me

I still can't believe you never answer my questions!! I still can;t believe after all of this you still insist on calling me a Yankee basher!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Variety would be nice. Why don't they show games that are important to the playoff race...ie ChiSox, Twins, or heaven forbid...the Rays.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hopefully they will start to. I want to see teams like that all year though.

MLB ERA

You know the Phillies are always on ESPN too... idk why they get hated on for national TV time too... at least the other teams are good
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Agreed. How many nationally televised games did new york and boston have this year? Had to be at least 20+ each.

Then you look at smaller market teams like KC, MN, TB, CO who MAYBE had a combined total of 20 nationally televised games.
    -Chris

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    You know the Phillies are always on ESPN too... idk why they get hated on for national TV time too... at least the other teams are good
    Phillies do seem to get more air time than the Mets which is weird and refreshing. They practically have cut out all West Coast games.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

TBS had the White Sox and Rays today

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yes they do! Which makes me happy because I at least can see what the competition is going today.
    -Chris

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Dodgers@Philly tonight on ESPN. At least there are playoff implications.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12