Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its Just Manny Being, Well A Dickhead

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Its Just Manny Being, Well A Dickhead

You honestly don't think he's upset??? Manny didn't act unprofessional??? An assistant GM telling people the obvious is a lot less severe than an huge athlete pushing down a weakling over tickets to a ballgame. It fails in comparison on all levels. I'm sure everyone who gets pushed down for no reason is just dandy with it. He should miss time but won;'t due to the schedule. Chacon chokes someone and gets released. Manny pushes a dude down and will get nothing. Pathetic!

MLB ERA

I would disagree there. Only because there is supposed to be a level of respect between the manager and the front office. If the assistant GM is telling the guy who's going to replace the manager, when the manager CLEARLY THOUGHT HIS JOB WAS SAFE, then something's wrong. That's where you're COMPLETELY wrong on the Willi Randolph story, people knew that he was on the verge of firing, but EVERY SINGLE REPORT IN NEW YORK said that it was only going to be coaches in the first round of firings, NOT the manager himself.

Manny did indeed screw up, but I'd like to hear more information before I start blasting Manny.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If Randolph thought his job was safe after all the fans asking for his firing over the offseason and the media onslaught a month before his actual firing then he is the dumbest ****ing guy in the history of mankind!! There is no comparison. Assaulting someone and telling someone the obvious aren't even close. Willie had a target on his back all season. Manny pushed down the traveling secretary, what else do you need to know?

MLB ERA

Believe it or not, the fans and the media mean nothing. The fans and the media are the ones who make stories out of nothing. You're right in that Manny did something stupid. What he did was wrong. But we don't know the whole story. Until we find out the whole story from an unbiased source, I can't tell you that Manny is a "Dickhead"

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The fans pay the salaries, the media has a huge influence. They mean something and they made it clear Randolph wasn;t wanted and drew that target on his back.

MLB ERA

The fans pay indirectly. In reality, the fans could decide not to show up for a single game, and the majority of these owners would still be able to afford to pay everyone. Of course, they would find a way out of it, but the point is that the fans should not be able to get someone fired. You have to also realize that while the media had drawn the target, they also reported that Willie was going to survive the first round of cuts. They were wrong. The point is that it was made clear that Willie appeared safe for the time being. Once he flew to LA, everyone in the world assumed he had bought himself at least a week, till they came home. He had no clue he'd be fired on the road after only one game of a road trip...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

But he knew he would be fired!!!! Randolph was never safe and HE knew that more than anyone. He did survive the first few rounds and a lot longer than some thought. The fans and media push the issue and have a huge part in it as they should. When their team has the second highest payroll and playing like shit after a year in which they pulled off one of the biggest choke jobs in history, you have a say in things. To think otherwise is silly. And if not a single fan showed up for a game, in reality, that team would fold uicker than you could say "Manny is a dickhead". The whole Willie firing was mishandled on so many levels its sad but fails in comparison to a superstar bullying a weakling in the front office.

MLB ERA

At this point I'm just going to agree to disagree with you. He knew he'd be fired, but there were reports going as far as to say he had earned himself til the all star break, or even till the end of the year. So, to say that what Bernazard did was acceptable is ridiculous, especially since Bernazard was the same shmuck who refused to let Randolph choose his own coaches. The point is that you seem to have no problem with the actions of that unprofessional moron, Bernazard, and I think he's one of the biggest problems with the organization. People will always have different opinions, and I do appreciate the ability to debate this with you.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I said the whole thing was mishandled and makes the Mets look like the poorly run franchise they are. He told the future manager what was going on before hand and something Randolph knew and couldn't control. I also think it fails in comparison to someone physically attacking someone.

MLB ERA

I agree, if we knew the full circumstance of the attack. I mean, for all we know it was an innocent overreaction. I just don't get the sense that it was to the same length as Ponson threatening his manager or Chacon choking his GM. Bernazard did something that should have been saved until....idk, 30 minutes after the coaches were informed of Willie's firing. It's just not cool to do what Bernazard did. In my mind, if I were to get fired, I wouldn't want the plan OFFICIALLY in place before I'm informed

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pushing someone down=innocent overreaction?? Manny somehow gets the benefit of the doubt?? The man pushed an older man down for him telling Manny he couldn;t get him tickets. How can you find anything about this innocent?

MLB ERA

I'm not calling it innocent, I'm saying we don't really know. We have one report, and as many of us know, reports CAN and often ARE wrong. Doesn't mean it is, but it's possible that the incident was much less severe than it appears. That's why I'm waiting to hear more before I decide that Manny is a "dickhead".

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Former WBZ sports director Bob Lobel said Thursday that Manny Ramirez was fined "a six-figure amount" for his June altercation with Red Sox traveling secretary Jack McCormick.

Lobel went on the suggest that Ramirez may have taken three straight called strikes in a pinch-hit at-bat on July 6 "to send a message" to the Red Sox. "The bat on the shoulder for the three pitches from Mariano Rivera, that was a big [expletive] to the Red Sox after the fine," Lobel said. "I'm just telling you, there are things in the front office that are perceived. I'm saying that there is a strong feeling that that [three-pitch strikeout] was the message to the Red Sox and it's a strong feeling that that's unacceptable."
    Manny being a ****ing prick as usual. I can see some of his bullshit being good for the game but a lot of it shows how little class he has and just how much of a dickhead he is. I am glad he was fined six figures and I hope his option for $20 million is not picked up. Who needs an asshole who takes three straight strikes against your rivals?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I hope the Sox do pick up both of his options...and then he declines along with the continued "Manny being Manny" BS. If Bonds or Clemens...or anyone else did the stuff he did, the media would be all over them, but because it's Manny it's cute or funny. I don't get it.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lack of good journalism.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast