Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Red View Post
So, you definitely know more than the guys who are putting the kid in MLB. Damn, your jock sniffing ability must be better than Dave Dombrowski's ability to draft or the entire Marlins front office. BTW, did ol' Miller make it out of the the fourth inning the other night? Nah, keep sniffing the jock...maybe one day he'll ask you out. I know, only in your dreams.
So blind faith is the best approach, is it? No GM could EVER make a mistake on helping a prospect develop, especially one who's desperate to field a competitive team, right? The Florida Marlins haven't rushed just about every prospect they've had for the last 5 years have they? You must be one of the very few who thinks the war in Iraq is going swimmingly and will give us a new ally in no time. Because, after all, questioning the system is the worst thing anyone could do. Dave Dombrowski's 2-9 (looking like 2-10) Tigers are great, and he's a genius for having spent over $300 million on them this offseason.

2. Willis is done? Possibly, but is his 'done' better than Miller's 'prospect' status? I dunno, tell us oh great one, I'm sure Dombrowski is burning up his phone calling you...unfortunately you can't answer because your head is stuck between Andrew "I can't get out of the fifth inning" Miller's a$$ cheeks. Wipe the brown stripe off your nose, it's demeaning. Is that a bit of corn I see stuck to right nostril?
While you continue to live in fantasy world where no one values prospects, players with health problems caused by their play style are still fine, and all GMs are geniuses, I'll stay grounded in the real world, but by all means continue thinking that because I think trades like Chris Young, Orlando Hernandez, and Luis Vizcaino for Javier Vazquez or Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller, Mike Rabelo, Eulogio De La Cruz, Burke Badenhop, and Dallas Trahern for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis are stupid trades, I think Andrew Miller is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Willis is done, the Marlins wouldn't have traded him in package with Cabrera if he wasn't, and Miller at least still has a chance to become a great ML pitcher (which the Marlins would then trade away in 2-3 years for more prospects). That was a major part of my point, but I'm not surprised someone with your limited capacity for comprehension would miss that several times over.

3. Odd, I heard the exact opposite last night. I guess we will know if it happens...but has it happened yet? Nah. If you're referring to the high 90mph fastball and 'power' slider, if that's Miller, you have a huge pile of crap between your ears. One, Miller loses all his confidence very, very quickly. You yourself say the kid isn't ready yet you want to put him in the ass end of your bully? I realize that you can't handle my 'looking for a clue remarks' and need to quote other members of a website but damn...if you can't handle the smack, stay out of the damn kitchen. You want to put a guy who cracks in the fifth as the ass end of your bully? Are you really that stupid or do you honestly believe that the game is the same in the fourth inning as it is with two outs and bases loaded in the eighth or ninth. Please, for the love of God, tell me you don't.
WOW, so basically, you just admitted you're criticizing a pitcher you've NEVER SEEN PITCH. This just gets better and better. How do you know how he's going to do in the 8th or 9th inning when he's been a starter for the entirety of his collegiate, minor league, and major league career? I'll say this: Bobby Jenks seems to be working out fine in the pen. Jenks was an arm that had a 100+ MPH fastball, a power slider, and could never get out of the 4th inning. Then the Angels released him in the 2004/2005 offseason, the White Sox picked him up, and the rest is championship history. But, you're right, there's NO WAY a guy with electric stuff and little endurance couldn't go from a poor starter to a great reliever. It's not like Jenks and Papelbon are two classic examples of this, and it's not like clubs do it all the time with players like that. Like I said though, don't let me get in the way of your making yourself look the fool you are.

I know, the 'one player' isn't Granderson.

Here's a link. MLB Baseball Injuries - CBSSports.com
What part of the word LINEUP do you not understand? A LINEUP consists of the starting players at C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, LF, CF, RF, and DH/P depending on which league you're in, in Detroit's case, it's DH. Only one player in Detroit's everyday LINEUP is on the DL at this point. It's been that way all season. Thanks for continuing to prove your idiocy though.

Yes, I realize that you are going to be on this here smack section no more than ten minutes after Miller gets his first win. (I'm sure it'll take you ten minutes to wipe his a$$ for him)
Wow, that's really really original, I've never heard that one before. You think I have my head up Andrew Miller's ass. Really? You've never expressed that thought before, and now that you have I feel extremely insulted by it. Nice original, clever insult you made up on the spot there, though.

After reading your posts, I feel as if my IQ has dropped nearly 50 points. You're not an Ohio State student are you?
I didn't know reading concise, well made points could drop a retarded person's IQ, but now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

*cue GI Joe theme*

Your next read should be...

Yours should be Baseball America's Prospect Handbook, perhaps anything by Bill James, or maybe something by Nate Silver about PECOTA. Not that everything there is 100% accurate either, but hey, maybe you'll get the idea that prospects actually DO have value.

If this offends you, try posting in the Spongebob Squarepants section.
I've heard that's your favorite, but I'll leave that section to the mental dwarfs of the site, such as yourself.

I've never apologized in a smack forum. Some people here that I've talked smack with in the past (ADH, Mission) know this.

I would like to post an open apology to any Ohio State student who was offended by the mere notion this clown could possibly attend your fine university.
Ouch, that stung, having to call Ohio State a fine university. All in a feeble attempt to insult me. Clearly, you're pulling out all the stops, yet still failing.

I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. As an alum of the University of Michigan, this is a very difficult thing for me to do.
I'm going to take a wild guess that your degree is in general studies? Well, maybe you repeated every course until the teachers took pity on you and passed you, and actually got a degree in something relevant.

I have swallowed my pride.
and he just swallowed Andrew Millers...
Wow, a gay joke, once again, a very clever and original response on a smack thread, bravo. I'm going to take another wild guess...this isn't the first time you've swallowed your "pride", is it?