Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rays....

Re: Rays....

The Yanks aren't THAT old anymore...however, I will agree with everyone that the Rays will be pretty solid and that they should not be getting bashed. Kazmir, Shields, Garza should be pretty good.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Rays....

I just like seeing new teams in the hunt or making strides. Especially when my Brewers have not been all the good historically. The Rays just need to continu building and being patient, there time is on the horizon!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    Wow, might as well make the Rays spring training their actual season, that's their only chance of winning.

Or better yet, send 'em to AAA.
    Yup, that same team just beat your team twice so far.

These are not your father's Rays anymore. That team is dead. This is a new, Rays team that is ready to win.

MLB ERA

Man... I really wish BronxBomberz was still here so I could make him feel like an absolute idiot for posting this thread. Reading what he said about the Rays is just hilarious. If you are bored and are looking for a good laugh, go back and read this thread.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Closed
    AAA ERA

He sure put his foot so far up his own ass with those comments. It is very idiotic to say the least, but also very funny.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    Watch, the yankees are gonna win the WS baby!
    Here's the funniest thing he wrote

Closed
    AAA ERA

Yeah it is. The Yankees have just reached back to .500 and are now in 4th place. If I was him(and thank God I am not) I would be happy with that little accomplishment from the Yanks.

MLB ERA

Just wait, this happens every year. The Yankees start off slow, everyone starts saying how the Yankees suck and how they have to many injuries to contend and that they're not going to make the playoffs but its kind of weird because every year they end up making the playoffs and I don't see that changing this year.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Playoffs, yes. World Series, no. The Yankees are far worse than even last year since the division is much tougher. I predicted they would miss the playoffs and I'm sticking to it.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I agree with Reefer on this one. The division is setting up to be much tougher top to bottom , although I really think the Orioles are headed for a downward spiral. The Jays, Rays, and Sox are pretty damn good teams to contend with so the Yankees really need to step it up and be on there A game especially when playing against teams in this division. It is going to be really tough for the Yankees to get back to the playoffs again this year, especially with the pitching staff that they are piecing together.

MLB ERA

Blah, blah, blah. Thats what we hear every year. Once we get Posada and Hughes back we'll be much better. I mean honestly, how can you bet against a team that was 14.5 back and then came back and was only what, 2 or 3 back from Boston at the end of the season and ended up winning the WC? The Yankees have to much talent on that team to not make the playoffs. Sure, the rotation is a little shaky but I think Cashman is going to do something about that. He'll go out and make a deal to make it better and our rookies are still progressing. You just have to give them a little time to get in the groove of things. Keep saying they won't make it cause I've been hearing that for quite awhile now and they will make the playoffs again for the 14th year in a row.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I know you've heard it before and I said it last year but this team is a lot worse off than it was last year. The rotation looks awful with no real solution in sight and this team is older. Joba moving into th rotation makes the bullpen worse. All that said, there are really no great teams in the AL so the Yanks COULD reach the postseason once again but we are talking World Series here. You honestly think the Yankees can win a title with this team?

MLB ERA

They'll make the playoffs, not a doubt in my mind. WS? I don't really know, thats kind of stretching it. Right now at this point in time, no. But don't be surprised if the Yankees some where along the line pick up some players. That is what the Yankees are all about, thats how they solve their problems. If their starting to look shitty and things are looking like they're going to go their way, they go make some ridiculous deal. Does it always turn out to be the best thing they've done? No, it doesn't. But, I said it once and I'll say it again. The Yankees have a ton of talent on that team. They know how to win, they still have Jeter, Mo, and Posada, three guys that have experienced winning a WS and guys that know how to do it. Don't forget about Pettitte as well. Someone will light a fire underneath these guys and they'll figure it out. In fact, it looks like that already started to happen. The Yankees have won 5 games in a row and Joe is starting to get this team to play well. Him going out and arguing that bull shit call that Giambi got screwed over on sparked this team. The Yankees are starting to play better, they showed that today with that comeback victory they had. The Yankees are solid, just like every other year so don't count them out.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Problems lie when the Yankees don't have anything to trade with to go out and get that big deal. And the big panic moves the Yankees have done never paid off in the end. The Yankees need to stick to their guns as far as talent goes. Missing th playoffs one year isn't going to hurt. Look at Boston.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast