Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Giantsfan83

MLB ERA

Hey Giantsfan83

What do you have to say about Bonds now? I'm not trying to be a jackass about this I just want to hear your input cause your about the only person I know that supports Bonds. Reefer is a Giants fan but he isn't to fond of Bonds...Thoughts?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: Hey Giantsfan83

Nothing, he's still the greatest player ever to me. Hypothetically I dont think him taking roids/HGH is a big deal, because till this day there is no proof that it helps a player in his baseball skills. So if Bonds is found guilty of taking roids/hgh it shouldn't be a big deal.

MLB ERA

Dictionary definition of HGH-A polypeptide hormone secreted by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland that promotes growth of the body, especially by stimulating release of somatomedin, and that influences the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids. Also called human growth hormone, somatotropic hormone, somatotropin.

Do you honestly think roids/HGH does not help a player hit the ball farther when in fact it makes him stronger/bigger?

This is also from HGH Facts - The Real Truth About HGH
    The main property of HGH is to increase height, and the other important benefits are that it increases muscle mass, helps in calcium retention in our body, helps in keeping bones healthy, reduces fat in the body, helps in controlling sugar and insulin levels, helps with immunity and several more important functions that keep us healthy when we are young.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    Nothing, he's still the greatest player ever to me. Hypothetically I dont think him taking roids/HGH is a big deal, because till this day there is no proof that it helps a player in his baseball skills. So if Bonds is found guilty of taking roids/hgh it shouldn't be a big deal.
    Ladies and gentlemen, the single most ridiculous post in the history of Strike3Forums.

There have been some ridiculous ones, and we'd like to thank all our contestants for playing...but we now have a winner.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I dont because, lets look at some of the players who have admitted of taking roids/hgh
    David Segui- who was just a solid player his whole career, career .291 hitter, most HR in a season by him was 21 in 96.
    Marvin Benard- Average player, career BA .281, most HR in a season by him 16 in 99

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, the single most ridiculous post in the history of Strike3Forums.

There have been some ridiculous ones, and we'd like to thank all our contestants for playing...but we now have a winner.
    Do you really wana start shit with me?

MLB ERA

Don't GF83 you've already been banned once, just shake it off.

I dont because, lets look at some of the players who have admitted of taking roids/hgh
    David Segui- who was just a solid player his whole career, career .291 hitter, most HR in a season by him was 21 in 96.
    Marvin Benard- Average player, career BA .281, most HR in a season by him 16 in 99
    True, good points but I'm saying HGH/roids helped Bonds. It increases muscle mass and body size like I posted above. Maybe it didn't work out as well for some players as it did Bonds but it helped Bonds, no doubt.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Classic.

It's ok for Bonds to do steroids but Shawne Merriman is a cheater?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Just because scrubs take steroids doesn't mean they can't help you.

Obviously you still have to be able to hit a major league fastball, but the roids can help you hit it farther.

I could take all the steroids in the world I still wouldn't be a better baseball player, nor would I be a better football player.

But if Adrian Gonzalez roided up I'm sure he'd hit more than 30 HRs a year.

MLB ERA

I dont think it help at all, because if it did help, all roiders would be in the MLB making millions instead of the WWE making chip change.

The reasons why I think his HR's have gone up are, new ballpark, the ballpark was built for Bonds, and he took advantage of it, he got better, he hit a career high in HRs at the age of 37, and I'm not surprised his career high came at that age because Hank Aaron hit his career best in 47 HRs at the age of 37 aswell.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Classic.

It's ok for Bonds to do steroids but Shawne Merriman is a cheater?
    Two totally different sports.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Just because scrubs take steroids doesn't mean they can't help you.

Obviously you still have to be able to hit a major league fastball, but the roids can help you hit it farther.

I could take all the steroids in the world I still wouldn't be a better baseball player, nor would I be a better football player.

But if Adrian Gonzalez roided up I'm sure he'd hit more than 30 HRs a year.
    And we know how much it helped those scrubs.

And dont forget Paul Byrd aswell, amazing Cy Young numbers yo.

MLB ERA

Just because steirods has not improved those players game like it has Bonds does not mean it does not help. Come on GF83 be realistic here...

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Do you really wanna be the most biased posted on these forums?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I dont think it help at all, because if it did help, all roiders would be in the MLB making millions instead of the WWE making chip change.

The reasons why I think his HR's have gone up are, new ballpark, the ballpark was built for Bonds, and he took advantage of it, he got better, he hit a career high in HRs at the age of 37, and I'm not surprised his career high came at that age because Hank Aaron hit his career best in 47 HRs at the age of 37 aswell.
    Your logic is so twisted it's almost hilarious.

Obviously someone can't pop steroids and instantaneously become a great baseball player.

Much to the same effect someone can't pop steroids and instantaneously become a good linebacker

Barry Bonds was already a great baseball player before he allegedly started taking steroids.

The steroids made him better, though.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast