Thread: Toledo wants A-Rod?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Toledo wants A-Rod?

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - Alex Rodriguez a Mud Hen?

Spurred by an offhand remark from George Steinbrenner's son, the Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens want in on the A-Rod sweepstakes.

The Mud Hens playfully offered the prize free agent a deal Thursday — a contract proposal that includes a bonus for hitting 75 home runs next year and leading them to 10 straight International League titles.
    Rodriguez recently opted out of his $252 million, 10-year contract with the New York Yankees. That prompted Hank Steinbrenner, son of the Yankees owner, to tell the New York Times: "Does he want to go into the Hall of Fame as a Yankee, or a Toledo Mud Hen?"
    The Mud Hens conjured up an offer to find out, said Jason Griffin, a spokesman for the Detroit Tigers' top farm team. .

Toledo created a Hall of Fame plaque of Rodriguez wearing a Mud Hens hat and sent a letter to his agent, Scott Boras.
    The deal stipulates that Rodriguez will have to compete for a spot with Toledo third basemen Mike Hessman, the league's most valuable player last season. "Would your client be willing to play a different position?" the letter asked.
    haha

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Toledo wants A-Rod?

This is starting to become more of a joke than A-Rod wants. Hilarious!

MLB ERA

I thought for sure this was a brushback, sports pickle, EPSN Page 2, or Onion article when I was reading it.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This article actually made the front page in my local paper...I guess either a) we (my hometown) have nothing better to write about or b) we really believe it's going to happen. Now that I think about it, both are quite plausible.

If A-Rod accepts this, I'm gonna laugh, because he would leave the Yankees for AAA ball.