Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screw Manny Ramirez

MLB ERA

Re: Screw Manny Ramirez

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    How is it different?

They're both showboating.

At least Hairston tied the game for his team in the 9th inning when he showboated.

You don't think Matt Cain would have been just as pissed at Manny?
    Last time I checked, Ramirez did not look at the pitcher, did not look at the Indians and there duggout.

Unlike Hairston who looked up at Cain.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    Last time I checked, Ramirez did not look at the pitcher, did not look at the Indians and there duggout.

Unlike Hairston who looked up at Cain.
    What are you talking about?

I just went back and watched the HR 5 times just to ensure I wasn't remembering it incorrectly.

He watched the ball fly over the wall then tossed the bat and proceeded to start his trot.

Not once did he look up at Cain or the Giants dugout.

And who cares even if he did?

It seems silly to me that you'd even think that tossing the bat a bit too far is even comparable to the showboating that Manny does where he blatantly stands at home plate and raises his hands.

Matt Cain was pissed at Hairston for tossing his bat, I'd love to see his reaction to Manny Rameriez.

(I did remember something wrong, though, Hairston's HR made it 4-1, didn't tie the game. I was thinking of another HR for some reason.)
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I use to love Manny, but in recent years, I have lost all respect for the man, and last night put me over the edge.

If he did that for a game winner, I might be able to swallow it more, but the Red Sox were still down 4 runs. That means he plays the game for himself and not his team..

MLB ERA

****ing douche bag get over yourself and look at the scoreboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    What are you talking about?

I just went back and watched the HR 5 times just to ensure I wasn't remembering it incorrectly.

He watched the ball fly over the wall then tossed the bat and proceeded to start his trot.

Not once did he look up at Cain or the Giants dugout.

And who cares even if he did?

It seems silly to me that you'd even think that tossing the bat a bit too far is even comparable to the showboating that Manny does where he blatantly stands at home plate and raises his hands.

Matt Cain was pissed at Hairston for tossing his bat, I'd love to see his reaction to Manny Rameriez.

(I did remember something wrong, though, Hairston's HR made it 4-1, didn't tie the game. I was thinking of another HR for some reason.)
    Manny did not taunt the Indians, he just looked at his HR with his hands up, rememeber this was the 3rd HR in the inning, back to back to back. His team was down 7-0, now they just hit 3 straight HRs, so I dont know why its such a big deal?

He did the same jesture when he hit the walk off HR off of K-Rod in game 2 of the ALDS, why werent you guys or the media making a big deal about that?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Manny was way out of line and I'm positive next year when he faces the Indians he will get one in the back. I hate his type of play and I really hate when players show up pitchers. Whenever Bonds did his little twirl at the plate back in the day, I wanted to puke. Just wanted to say that before someone went off point to try and say I'm a homer

I loved Manny's comments today when he said he didn't care if they won and that life goes on and there's always next year. That's ****ing loser talk!! There's always a next year? The Red Sox aren't guaranteed the playoffs next year so you're wrong there. Also, Manny might not be a Red Sock next year so again not so sure. Down 3-1 and saying it doesn't matter is being a loser and taking an easy way out.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    Manny did not taunt the Indians, he just looked at his HR with his hands up, rememeber this was the 3rd HR in the inning, back to back to back. His team was down 7-0, now they just hit 3 straight HRs, so I dont know why its such a big deal?

He did the same jesture when he hit the walk off HR off of K-Rod in game 2 of the ALDS, why werent you guys or the media making a big deal about that?
    Hey, I think Manny is a douchebag for doing it, but I could really care less none-the-less.

I just find it funny that a guy who said Scott Hairston should be beaned in the head for tossing his bat would defend Manny for showboating after a home run.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Screw Manny Ramirez

Manny really must not care about winnig, cause he got hosed in the first inning. And to make himself look good again, he knocked his own helmet off while rounding third. hahaha. What a bonehead!!!

MLB ERA

Manny just hit a single off the top of the CF wall.

Too bad he would have scored on that K from second...</hindsight>
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Good thing he was hustling on that single off the wall, or therwise he may have been thrown out. hahaha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12