Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's time to pay the piper

MLB ERA
    Uhhh whats your point?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Element
    That is because you are a DUMBASS.

Baltimore is leading, and the Sox just beat you 17-1. Yankees to miss the playoffs!

I am starting to like this smack forum
    I will graciously accept your name calling when the YANKEES do not win the division. But leaning on what has happened in the past, which tends to shape the future, I see no problem with the YANKEES winning the division. The score of any game is meaningless except to dtermine who won or lost. I would rather lose 17-1 than 2-1 any day. Enjoy the Smack Forum, for it allows you to post what you think and how who define yourself.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston
    Wait didn't we sweep you guys, and then beat you guys 2-1? Oh and what place are you in your division?

Our damn Rainers can sweep the M's right now...oh yeah by the way we would be 3rd just like this other team.....oh wait the Yanks?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Quote Originally Posted by Element
    That is because you are a DUMBASS.

Baltimore is leading, and the Sox just beat you 17-1. Yankees to miss the playoffs!

I am starting to like this smack forum

1. Yes, Joek is a dumbass.

2. Yes, Baltimore is leading. So is San Diego and Los Angeles and the White s0x. Do you expect them all to win the division? Yes, the s0x beat us 17-1. We won Friday 6-3, just as good a win as 17-1. Runs scored/runs allowed does not factor into making/missing the playoffs. Only wins and losses do.

3. Yes, this Smack forum does rock.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

ERA
    Call NASA
    1. You call me a slur.
    2. You then use my way of thinking, almost quoting the WIN METHOD verbatim in restating what I have already said.
    2a. 1. & 2. to do correlate.
    3. Yes, the Smack Forum allows you to define yourself. Which you take full advantage of.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston
    Uhhh whats your point?
    My point is is that I think its ridiculous to have this type of conversation even though this isn't a pennant race. I love to hear this type of smack later in the year, but not right now.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    But when I go out to Cali or go to Baltimore and I see tons of Saux fans it disgusts me. They're everywhere! and many are really annoying to the point where I couldn't even enjoy the games.
    I can definitely relate to that. Whenever Sox fans come to Oakland to watch their Sox, they take over the place like it's Fenway Park.

The owners still make the same money.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    The owners still make the same money.
    Please refer to #2...no one was talking about money. The main issue was sox fans being everywhere and being annoying...

red herring
    n.
    1. A smoked herring having a reddish color.
    2. Something that draws attention away from the central issue.

It is about money, namely that if the A's sold out their stadium (or sold most of the seats), the Sox fans would be unable to buy admission in, or if they did, they'd be stuck in nosebleed land.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    many fans from the New England area can't afford to see the Sox at home because of their ridiculous prices, so they plan a vacation to go see the sox. But there are also many bandwagoners all over the country. Don't kid yourself into thinking sox fans are adding a significant amount of money to teams that aren't in their division when they may only go there for 3 games

I'm not saying a significant amount of money, but if they are infesting the A's collisseum as you guys claim, there have to be a lot of them. Therefore, they are giving a fair amount of money in there. None of which is likely being spent on the team (employees, park maintenance, concessions, etc.), but they are still there.

I don't get, unless it was a local type team (meaning New York or Baltimore), it would be that much cheaper to go on a trip then to Fenway. It's one thing if they see a game while on a trip, but trip to see a game? Nah. The cost of bleacher seats (the difference) is likely less cash then a drive/fly/train/whatever.

There are a lot of Sox fans, and since they won the title, bandwagoners. As I said, it means more money for the teams (I should have said franchise), and if the A's fan contingent wants to keep the Sox fans out, then I'd hope the fanbase as a whole could fill up at least the closer sections to the field.

If the Sox fans are that much of a presence in away parks, I think it says more about the hometown fans then the away ones.

AA ERA
    I guess Chargers fans are bad because when the Raiders come to San Diego, Chargers fans rarely show up because they are worried about being killed by Raiders fans especially in light of one Chargers fan who got killed at San Diego years ago by some Raiders fan. I think most hometown fans stay away because they don't want to get involved with fights with Yankees and Red Sox fans. It can get really rowdy when those fanbases come to town. I can relate because whenever the Knicks or the Rangers come to Continental Airlines Arena, their fans invade CAA and it gets really ugly between both fanbases as you see lot of arrests.

I know I rarely go to the games if the Philly teams, Boston teams, and New York teams come to CAA to play either the Devils or Nets because I sure don't want to be involved in any fisticuffs.

I can see that reasoning in certain cases. If it is a family, then I agree completely upon some afterthoughts about it. I can completely understand not going with children (since, I admit, the Sox fan contingent DOES have a lot of idiots, as do a lot of big fan contingents).

Honestly Steak, that's a weak excuse. You're afraid of getting into fisticuffs? How about requesting and usher's help if you feel threatened? That's part of the job. And in complete honesty, I have my doubts that NJ fans are any better than NY fans, Boston fans, Philly fans, whatever. How about the fans that made fun of Paul Pierce's stabbing. Was that a miniscule group? Of course. As well as the much publicized incident between Kidd's wife and the Boston fans. Small group. I know many NY fans (Yankee fans) who are also NJ fans (Net fans). They are not exclusive.

Likewise, the A's fans aren't perfect and I'm not sure how valid the individual excuse would be out there either. IIRC, it was a small contingent of A's fans who heckled Francisco enough for him to go WWE on a group of fans. Not to mention the trash incident during a regular season game. Yankee fans and Sox fans are guilty of trash throwing as well (2004 ALCS, 1999 ALCS respectively). A small group of ChiSox fans beat up Tom Gamboa. On the other side, Sean Burroughs got a cell phone thrown at him. A small group of Philly fans threw batteries at JD Drew. Either a SF or LA fan was killed outside of a stadium by the opposite team's fan. Carl Everett was hit by a cellphone.

What I am getting at is that every stadium has their share of idiots, some more than others. And really, I can understand avoiding Boston and New York fans if you want to shield children from swearing (although many children have survived Fenway), but if an adult (alone) is scared of the radicals of a fanbase, I'm a bit surprised.

AA ERA
    That dope ,who had that sign "Will Someone Please Stab Paul Pierce", was a complete idiot. I am not going to defend him at all. What bothered me was that he got a standing ovation from the fans for showing that sign and he did not even got tossed. All he got was his sign being confiscated. Obviously he felt he wanted to defend Jason Kidd from the abuse by the Celtics fans so he did that. It wasn't the right thing to do on his part.

Ushers does crap at CAA. They are one of the worse in the business. I sat right by the Timberwolves bench when I went to the game in March to see the Wolves. I was able to interact with Ebi and Mark Madsen easily as there was no usher at all. The only time those guys came was five minutes till the game was over. There are always incidents with Flyers fans and Sixers fans with the NJ sports fans along with Rangers fans and Knicks fans with NJ sports fans. There are fights like everywhere even in the parking lot. Those guys can do so much.

America sports fans are as bad as soccer fans in Europe IMO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast