Thread: Good Call Steve Phillips

MLB ERA

Good Call Steve Phillips

Does any one remeber when Steve Phillips said this,
    SC Anchor True or false - the Yankees will make the playoffs. The easy thing to say right now is that they will make it because of how they have played out of the All-Star break. But the reason they are winning now is because of their offense, which is very, very good. But to be a playoff team you have to pitch. And I have my doubts that the offense will continue to go as it is going, and I do not think they have the pitching to bail them out when the offense is not there. But they deserve a lot of credit for fighting their way back into this race, because myself, along with many others, counted them out a long time ago."
    Yankees' team ERA since August 15: 4.80
    Mariners' team ERA since August 15: 5.66

Or this?

SC Anchor, With a gun to your head, still Seatle over the Yanks for the Wild Card? Yankees are looking pretty impressive, just taking care of most people's "best team in baseball."The Yanks looked good beating an undermanned Tigers team, I agree with you. But I think the Mariners will hold on and win the Wild Card. Their starting pitching is just good enough and their bullpen in unreal. They have one of the best defenses in babseball, and they are starting to produce on offense. I think it is too little too late for the Yankees to make the playoffs."
    Ya well here is where you are wrong on this Steve the Mariners are third to last in defense efficiency so that wasn't the smartest thing to say. Hey it was close though. Also what was that about their offense producing when they have scored 4.24 R/G since August 22. While the Royals are second to last in the AL at 4.49 R/G.

Or maybe even this?

SC Anchor, With the Mariners up 2 games in the wildcard why does this team not get talked about more as a team that is making noise in the AL?Well, I feel like I talk about them just about every show I do. think they will win the Wild Card despite their difficult schedule down the stretch. They have everything you want from a playoff contending team excpet that dominanting starting pitching, but they make up for it with their amazing defense and quality bullpen. This is a big series this week against the Angels, as the Mariners have no fared that well against them (4-8 this season), but most of those loses came earlier this seasson before the Mariners became what they are now. "
    The only thing I need to say on this is here are the Wild Card standings,

Yankees record, 87 Wins, 64 Losses.
    Tigers record, 83 Wins, 69 Losses, 4.5 GB.
    Mariners record, 79 Wins, 70 Losses, 7 GB.

Steve Phillips is officialy the stupidest man to walk the earth.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Good Call Steve Phillips

I saw this coming. Phillips is the worst analyst on the show and constantly just hates on the Yankees while making stats that go against his case. Way to go Steve.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.