Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: A big warm thank you to everyone who wrote off the Yankees

MLB ERA

Re: A big warm thank you to everyone who wrote off the Yankees

Kicked the ass of the entire AL East, like 25-19.

MLB ERA

This thread will be funny if the Yankees miss the playoffs.

You should really save the "I told you so"s for after it's official.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Yah it would be really funny if the Yankees didn't make the playoffs but the "I told you so's" are for everyone writing off the Yankees when they were 14.5 back from Boston and now they are 4. So its not really saying that the Yankees will make the playoffs were just saying thank you to everyone who thought the Yankees were done.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

I'm saying they'll make the playoffs.

And what of it?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

For some reason the Yankees can't beat the Angels, good or bad.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Yankees are still the only team in MLB history to lose the World Series to Bob Brenly.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

How about the loss to the Marlins?!!! That was funny stuff.

The Yankees make the playoffs outstanding.. Your going to face Cleveland is my guess and lose in the first round. So another 130 million plus payroll and another playoff loss. I will say it now " I told you so."
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post

The Yankees make the playoffs outstanding.. Your going to face Cleveland is my guess and lose in the first round. So another 130 million plus payroll and another playoff loss. I will say it now " I told you so."
    Where were the Twins in 2003? And isn't your team out of the playoff race, and if your best pitcher is unhappy with your team, there's something wrong.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I know this. Look at my last Twins post! I see Phil Hughes and others being Twins very soon and Santana a Yankee. Your the only team I see that will pay him Clemens money.

I also know my team has been out of it since the all star break, when your owner wont spend a penny and just dump contracts off the team went in the tank. Why play for an owner who wont spend!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

You are the most hypocritical poster I've ever seen. I don't want to waste the effort digging up all your posts in this thread saying the Yankees have no shot at making the playoffs. And you're telling me you're gonna say "I told you so?" Give me a ****ing break. What a joke.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

I know this. Look at my last Twins post! I see Phil Hughes and others being Twins very soon and Santana a Yankee. Your the only team I see that will pay him Clemens money.

I also know my team has been out of it since the all star break, when your owner wont spend a penny and just dump contracts off the team went in the tank. Why play for an owner who wont spend!
    Phil Hughes is going nowhere.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yankees are still done. You wont make the playoffs. I will still say it. Just like all teams you will go into a losing streak and get back into the HOLE you belong in. Your team got hot, but like every team your time to fall back in reality is close to happening again.
    You will fall apart. Lets see how things go with no CLemens! 5 games suspended should have been 10. He needed to miss at least two starts. The Suckee's will "Crash and Burn"
    it's the SMACK forums correct?! Browntown you will miss the playoffs by 5 games. Just like your boyfriend on prom night, Yankees will go down!
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yes congrats to the Yankees for playing well against shitty teams and having the most favorable schedule!!:
    Yay, you finally played a team above .500. Congrats Doesn't change the fact that it wasn't baseless. The only way the Yanks are in this is because of schedule. Way to try and advert attention away from what we were talking about!! Now go hide you head in the sand!
    Crist again look at what teams the Suckee's have played. The Indians were the first team about 550 you have played in quite awhile. Dry when you fail to make the playoffs I will be the first "idiot" to remind you. Why did you and some others not post when your team was 14.5 games back? Because your fans are fair weather fans. Like i did say some of you were here all
    along but look at who has posted since your hot streak that DID NOT post when your club was playing bad.

I would root for Bonds any day over a Suckee's team that spends and spends and wins nothing! Past world series are in the past. I am talking now. Steinbrenner is crashing fast. Maybe you need to go to yankee stadium and stand in line and kiss the fat bastards ass. Because you all want to be like him!
    I love how you guys can't have a debate!! How are the Giants relevant to anything in this thread? I guess the one thing they have in common is that they will both be watching the playoffs in October
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    Well the main reason why the Yankees have been on this hot streak is because of there offense, since the ASB they have been avg 7-8 runs a game! But meanwhile in the same timeframe thetre starting pitching is ranked 7th in the AL, now that wont cut it, because your offense cant stay this hot while your pitching is mediocre.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsguy View Post
    totally agreed there pitching will sink them
    Don't like Suckee's fine. How about the " Over paid pieces of shit" that all Yankee players are.

Dry

Don't you have to go back to school shortly? Get back to school and shut the hell up! My Yankee comments were to the one who are the "Part Time Fans". I think that if there was a cap in baseball that your club would only be an average team at best.

I would rather watch the NL West over your AL east any day of the week. There are some good team in the nl west. Colorado is playing great baseball and the Dbacks are a very good team. To the AL East. Rays suck, O's are not much better.
    Hey Yankees fans! Nice beating you took from the O's tonight! Let's here how you little *****es will talk about this loss. Very little will be said correct? I am done posting on this topic.

Once again things go to far and of course your NEVER wrong. Dry it is 11pm time to take your blow up doll out and put her to use.. Maybe Browntown will stop by for a vist and join your fun.

*whistles*
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: A big warm thank you to everyone who wrote off the Yankees

I must admit, I really didnt think they would make it this year after the start they had. But I did feel they would at least make a run at the playoffs.

So, long story short for you Yankees fans,

YOU ARE WELCOME AND THE FAITHFUL YANKEES FANS WERE RIGHT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    *whistles*
    mntwins got owned.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I will always admit when I'm wrong and I was wrong about the '07 Yankees. One thing I was not wrong about was just how weak the AL East was/is. Congrats to the Yankees but really don't see them going far but anything can happen.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast