Thread: Scott Olsen = whiny *****

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Scott Olsen = whiny *****

MIAMI (AP) -- Scott Olsen threw six innings, pitched a fit and beat the team he hates.

The fiery left-hander departed trailing by two runs, but shortly after his brief tantrum on the mound, the Florida Marlins rallied to score four times and beat the Philadelphia Phillies 5-3.

Last September, Olsen said he hated the Phils because they dominated the Marlins. His emotions boiled over in the sixth inning, when he became angry at Chase Utley for calling time just before a pitch.

The next pitch was ball four, and Utley trotted to first base as Olsen angrily shouted and waved his glove at him. In the bottom of the inning, the Marlins totaled four extra-base hits to rally against Cole Hamels.

Coincidence?

"If that's what it takes, I'll start screaming in the top of the first," Olsen said.

Olsen said there would be no carry-over with Utley, but the Phillies talked as though they'll remember the episode.

"There's not much to say about it," Utley said. "He got a call he didn't like. And I didn't agree with him. ... It's pretty clear a lot of guys don't like him."
    I'm sure someone will be his buttboy and defend his "intensity", but point is that Olsen will probably never be mistaken as a quiet professional from now.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Scott Olsen = whiny *****

my POV? he shouldnt have *****ed him out. he should have drilled him if it was excessively late. Most pitchers hate that as it can cause a pitcher to hurt himself.

yelling at someone is kinda cheap, he shoulda just nailed him in the ribs like is usually done in these cases.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Scott Olsen = whiny *****

It happened twice in the game and Olsen should have drilled him instead of throwing ball four. Once is ok but when you do it twice and smile about it, who isn't going to be pissed?