Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curt Schilling: telling it like it is.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Curt Schilling: telling it like it is.

Schilling trashes Bonds in radio interview

NBCSports.com staff report

Curt Schilling fired some of his best verbal heat at Barry Bonds during his weekly appearance Tuesday on a Boston-based sports talk radio station, according to The Boston Globe.

The righthander was asked if fans should hold their noses while watching Barry Bonds’s pursuit of Hank Aaron’s all-time Major League home run record while on WEEI.

“Oh yeah. I would think so. I mean, he admitted that he used steroids,” Schilling responded. “I mean, there’s no gray area. He admitted to cheating on his wife, cheating on his taxes, and cheating on the game, so I think the reaction around the league, the game, being what it is, in the case of what people think. Hank Aaron not being there. The commissioner [Bud Selig] trying to figure out where to be. It’s sad."

“And I don’t care that he’s black, or green, or purple, or yellow, or whatever. It’s unfortunate… there’s good people and bad people. It’s unfortunate that it’s happening the way it’s happening.”

Schilling kept rolling when asked if he would give Bonds a pitch to hit if the home run record were on the line when the San Francisco Giants come to Fenway in June, according the Globe.

“Not on purpose,” said Schilling. “Hell no. I don’t want to be Al Downing.”

Downing, who won 20 games for the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1971, is best known for giving up the record-breaking 715th home run hit by Hank Aaron on April 8, 1974, in Atlanta.

“I’m guessing they’re going to try to make sure it [record-breaking home run] happens in San Francisco,” said Schilling. Schilling said he thinks that Bonds’s achievements during his period of alleged steroid use -- as detailed in the book “Game of Shadows” -- should be “wiped out.”

"If you get caught using steroids, you should have everything you've done in this game wiped out for any period of time that you used it,"Schilling said at the time off the book's release. "A lot of players, I think, have said as much because it is cheating."

http://www.nbcsports.com/mlb/1483169/detail.html?dest=rss|

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Curt Schilling: telling it like it is.

Oh boy. Can't wait to see reefer and GiantsFan get to this one. Personally I think Schilling is a big mouth and a bit of a hypocrite at times but I do admire his honesty. I hate when people sugarcoat things in order to comply with what everyone else thinks.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Woah, I did not know repeating what others say is a story. Pathetic like always.

Schilling must have used roids in the 04 playoffs, after all how do you pitch so well while your sock is bleeding and having a tendon in your right ankle.

MLB ERA

"He admitted to cheating on his wife," - no, strike one
    "cheating on his taxes," - no, strike two
    "and cheating on the game" - no, strike three

Curt's out.
    I'm not saying Bonds didn't do steroids because I believe he did but Curt's entirely wrong. Bonds said he used arthritis cream and flaxseed oil, and the investigators believed those to be the cream and the clear. He never said "I did steroids" or "I cheated on the game."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah McKain, I was surprised this thread wasn't titled "Telling it like it ain't". Curt was wrong on everything he said. And why is this a story? This isn't the first time Schilling has ripped Bonds in the media. I think Schilling is just pissed because Bonds has 8 homers off of him which is tied for the most in baseball.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yeah McKain, I was surprised this thread wasn't titled "Telling it like it ain't". Curt was wrong on everything he said. And why is this a story? This isn't the first time Schilling has ripped Bonds in the media. I think Schilling is just pissed because Bonds has 8 homers off of him which is tied for the most in baseball.
    What exactly do you expect from the author of this thread?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I'm not a Bonds fan by any means...but Curt Schilling pops off at the mouth much too often for my liking.

MLB ERA

On Tuesday, Boston pitcher Curt Schilling threw verbal chin music at San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds. He called Bonds a cheat -- in all facets of life. He called him a tax cheat. Said Bonds cheated on his wife. And called him a steroids user.

On Wednesday, Schilling apologized on his blog, 38pitches.com.

"Regardless of my opinions, thoughts and beliefs on anything Barry Bonds it was absolutely irresponsible and wrong to say what I did. I don't think it's within anyone's right to say the things I said yesterday and affect other peoples lives in that way," Schilling wrote.

This comes a week or so after Schilling posted a blog entry titled, "Ignorance has its privileges."

We'll let you complete the punch line ... or defend Schilling.
    Sorry guys, my bad!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

didnt take him too long to backpedal faster than any burned cornerback.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

“Oh yeah. I would think so. I mean, he admitted that he used steroids,” Schilling responded.
    Did Bonds admitted he using steroids? I thought he never did.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He said he never knowingly used steroids in leaked grand jury testimony.

MLB ERA

As much as I don't like Bonds, there's simply no evidence that he's ever admitted to any of the things Schilling said. So Curt should do his homework before trying to bash him. He ripped on Thorne for accusing him of painting the sock when there was no evidence...well this is the same thing. He has no evidence to support these claims.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Curt Schilling: telling it like it is.

I think Schilling is in the process of digesting that bloody sock that was on his foot that he had to put in his big pie hole. I am NOT a Bonds fan by any stretch of the imagination. Don't like what he is about, never had, and this stems back all the way to the pre-roid era (days) of baseball. But, unless you have your facts straight, then no one should be blamed, ridiculed, whatever, by any means.

Of all people that know that is Schilling. Because it was not just two weeks ago or so, that he blasted Gary Thorne for doing the very same thing he did to Bonds. If you don't want people treating you, or saying incorrect and improper information about you, then do NOT, and I repeat, do NOT, treat others the same way.

As a Red Sox fan, Curt Schilling needs to be quiet until he actually has facts on his side.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

As a Fisher fan, Fisher's right

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast