Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yankees are winning the AL East in a laugher

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Yankees are winning the AL East in a laugher

how about the Minnesota Twins? We dont spend alot if any money, but we have a good gm that got us Santana,Liriano,Nathan and others for peanuts!

Yankees suck and they always will.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

And? We are 2-1 against the Twins this year.

Twins suck ass

Turn 2

Oh , but isn't it convienent how you fail to mention BB that you are only 1-2 against the Orioles this season. And as of right now your blessed Yankees are losing again to the Orioles 2-0.

COngrats O's

Turn 2

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    COngrats O's
    Typical Yankees fan giving up before the game is over.

Bases loaded. 1 out. Corey patterson in scoring poisition.

'nuff said.

Turn 2

Like I said Typical Yankees fan giving up when it looks bleek.

Scott Craptor should give the O's a thank you card.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Come on Browntown, Yes Yankees spend money, yes they have the backing to do it. But please tell me about the health of Steinbrenner. He is going down hill and your going to deny this.
    What the hell does this have to do with the thread?...I said find me an owner as consistently committed to winning as Steinbrenner. So far the 2 responses I've gotten are "the A's owner" and "the Braves owner," neither of whom apparently have a name and if you ask some Braves fans I'm sure they would disagree...the A's are committed to winning but I don't think anyone is as committed historically as Steinbrenner.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Turn 2

To answer your Question the two owners names are John Malone(Braves) and Lewis Wolff (A's. And to say that the owner and past owners of the Braves are not committed to winning is ridiculous. In the past 16 years the Braves have won the N.L. Eastern division 14 times. That is getting the job done and wanting a winner on the field if you ask me. Granted the Braves owner do have one of the best GM's in Scheorholtz, but the money has to come from somewhere to make these valuable moves. As for Oakland there owner is Lewis Wolff and yes he and his GM work magic with hardly anything that means building within there system. Something the Yankees haven't done for over 20 years. And he and his GM and manager have produced a 1st or 2nd place finish in the AL West since the year 1999. Just because the names of these owners aren't as high profile as Steinbrenner does not mean they aren't as committed as he is. Alot of the time Mr. Steinbrenner is making news is for some some negative publicty that he ends up making an ass out of himself with.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

John Parrish really had a bad outing to allow the Yankees back in the lead. Walks are killing us.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

As for Oakland there owner is Lewis Wolff and yes he and his GM work magic with hardly anything that means building within there system. Something the Yankees haven't done for over 20 years.
    *sigh* They haven't built for their system for the last 20 years? Where did Derek Jeter come from? Or Bernie Williams, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Jorge Posada, Robinson Cano, the players in their currently Top 5 ranked system...I hear this argument so much. And it's completely ridiculous.

Alot of the time Mr. Steinbrenner is making news is for some some negative publicty that he ends up making an ass out of himself with.
    Name me the last time that happened, please.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234