Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why even bother playing the year!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Why even bother playing the year!!!

Listening to the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio this afternoon, Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano GUARANTEED that the Cubs were going to win the WORDL SERIES in '07!!!!! And that he was going to be the Cy Young. So, the other 29 teams in MLB, you may as well just start training for knocking off the defending world champs Chicago Cubs in '08. That should give you plenty of time to be at the top of your game!!!! Come Carlos, the Cubs don't need anymore hex or excuses why they can't or won't win the World Series. Or is that Carlos wants to be the scapeGOAT. hahaha.

MLB ERA
    Zambrano's a stud. Who do the Cubs have behind him? Mark Prior? Cubs be lucky to get a month out of him before he breaks down again... Kerry Wood? He's in the pen, how long til he breaks down... Their Closer Ryan "Dumpster" i mean Dempster... Their rotation includes Ted Lilly and Jason Marquis...

Their best move this offseason was bringing in Lou Piniella which will singlely produces a couple more wins they might not get. Otherwise color me unimpressed.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

slyder, I agree!!!! anything to get their name in the headlines. I think Carlos just jinxed himself for the rest of the year. Look for teams to do whatever they can to get into his head and make him emplode on the mound!!! This ought to be fun watching the results of what happens to the Cubs this year. Especially if they are not going to be any good, and what the Cub fans will say or make excuses about!!!

MLB ERA
    Hey man, I respect a guy who has the balls to predict, that shows me he has confidence.
    Also we never thought that the Tigers would have made it to the WS last year at this time? We never thought that the White Sox would have won the WS in 05. So its all fair game for now, anyone can win!

Bleeder of Black and Gold BnGBleeder's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    After this season,it will be the Scrubs 100th year since last winning a World Series.

MLB ERA
    Zambrano is just full of himself. They might got a little better during the offseason but not enough. I doubt we will be seeing the Cubies in October.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Listening to the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio this afternoon, Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano GUARANTEED that the Cubs were going to win the WORDL SERIES in '07!!!!! And that he was going to be the Cy Young. So, the other 29 teams in MLB, you may as well just start training for knocking off the defending world champs Chicago Cubs in '08. That should give you plenty of time to be at the top of your game!!!! Come Carlos, the Cubs don't need anymore hex or excuses why they can't or won't win the World Series. Or is that Carlos wants to be the scapeGOAT. hahaha.
    he backed off that comment somewhat in that he says he expects they should be able to make the playoffs. Why shouldnt he expect the playoffs? doesnt every athlete expect to compete and have a shot at the playoffs?

I'd rather have him confident in his team than say the team has no real shot to compete.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I heard Pinella say that today. and I understand that he said that cause he is confident and wants the team to believe in him and him in the team. But if you truly believe that, you just don't say those kind of things to fuel the other teams, if you know what I mean!!! And Pinella probably got on him for saying that stuff!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    I heard Pinella say that today. and I understand that he said that cause he is confident and wants the team to believe in him and him in the team. But if you truly believe that, you just don't say those kind of things to fuel the other teams, if you know what I mean!!! And Pinella probably got on him for saying that stuff!
    LOL Could you imagine watching Pinella and Zambrano argue, it would be classic!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    LOL Could you imagine watching Pinella and Zambrano argue, it would be classic!
    Remember this is the same guy that wanted to deck Rob Dibble for being a jerk. >
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Remember this is the same guy that wanted to deck Rob Dibble for being a jerk. >
    Pinella wanted to deck Dibble? LOL

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Yes it would be funny to watch those two go at it!!!

Bleeder of Black and Gold BnGBleeder's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Ohhh man,Dibble would have pounded Sweet Lou.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Zambrano sure showed how he's going to help the cubs win the world series monday

MLB ERA

Re: Why even bother playing the year!!!

LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast