Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Enjoy it while you can

MLB ERA
    I used to be a patron of the "enjoy it while you can" concept.

I was loving it, The MLB Forums sans joek. Intelligent discussion, enjoyable topics, a distinct lack of horrific bias.

And oh shit, you're back. So much for fun.

So, now I need to say, DON'T enjoy it while you can. It just makes it hurt much more when it ends.

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

It ain't bias when the season ending results become facts year after year. When you produce consistently, it isn't bias to claim to be the best. It is bias when you lose consistently and claim you are the best.
    There is nothing wrong with showing the YANKEE haters the way home to the rock they crawled out from under.
    If you wish intelligent discourse, then you will need to realize that winning means the best, while losing does not. And as long as you wish and dream to think that losing and best coincide, you will never to debate with wisdom.

A gentle reminder: there are four year olds who haven't seen the Yanks win a World Series.

Soon, they'll be five and asking questions.

Unless we win one this year, I fear for MLB's future. Steingrabber will go nucking futs.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Thanks for taking Wright off the hands of the Braves. And damnit, WIN METHOD is the lamest theory in sports.
    This two team shit gotta go. Pick one, and stick with them. It's not like it's a choice between a bad team and a good team, either way you'll be able to save face and be behind a winner... well, technically not right now, but we all know the Yankees will still win 90 games this year.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Here, here.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    All, but one are WIN METHOD players.
    Who's the one?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Who's the one?
    If I had to guess... Felix Rodriguez.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Who's the one?
    Pay-Rod

joek has been his huge critic.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Nah, he was talking about in the pen, I think. Otherwise, yea, definitely ARod.

ERA
    Call NASA
    I had pMd giants666 re the players on the YANKEE roster who are not WIN METHOD players. Here it is for everyone. Both Rodriquezes and Mussina.

A great example of WIN METHOD was in the eight inning of last nights game. Several players manufacturing the winning run late in the game. A sacrifice bunt by the greatest player in the game (didn't look to be the hero-but helprd the team win), and the winning hit by Womack.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Holy Cow, joek, Jeff Nelson never pitched well in NYY. Dont attribute that to Derek Jeter who threw an error in the 1st inning of that game. Nelson has been our worst reliever this season, in fact hes only only guy with an ERA over 4 mark.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Logic is futile

ERA
    Call NASA
    And what did that error cost the team? And what did the sac bunt do for the team, along with the hit before and after the sac?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    This two team shit gotta go. Pick one, and stick with them. It's not like it's a choice between a bad team and a good team, either way you'll be able to save face and be behind a winner... well, technically not right now, but we all know the Yankees will still win 90 games this year.

You need a chill pill man.

The Yanks will NOT make the playoffs this year. I'll root for them again if and when their payroll goes down significantly or the rest of the league begins to even out.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    joek: I gotta ask you a question. How is Giambi a win method player? I never thought he had the passion to do well and his body has broken down immensely last year and now this year. He is all talk with zero game. I agree with you on Pay-Rod and Mussina though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast