Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Worries Yank-Me Fans, the A's are Coming to Town

MLB ERA

No Worries Yank-Me Fans, the A's are Coming to Town

Hello Yank-Me and Red Sux fans. Is your team struggling? Are they not hitting? Is your starting pitching getting shelled? Is your general manager traveling with the team? Well guess what baseball fans, your troubles are over. You guys get to play the hapless ass Oakland A's for the next couple of weeks. And during that time take a good look and see if we have any players that you might like as I'm sure Billy Beane will be more than happy to bend the Oakland faithful over the barrel in order to acquire another catcher. That's right folks, time to pad the stats. And hey fantasy owners, now is the time to insert the Giambis of the fanatsy world as they are sure to bust out against the likes of Barry Bomb-Zito and Danny 7 run inning Haren. Carl Pavano, come on down, you're in line for a 4 hit complete game shutout. And please, come to our beautiful stadium that Al Davis built and outnumber us by about 3 to 1, we LOVE that. Ahhhh yes, get ready for for the likes of the .200 hitting Eric chavez and the always comical softball level outfielder Bobby Kielty. Don't miss it folks.

F-You Billy Beane, your game is up.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    OH MAN! Now thats a post! You get rep points for that one. I didn't know the A's were doing that bad man. Only 2 games under .500 is not bad. Try being a Reds fan right now. You would feel like this:

Hello Dodgers welcome to the Great American Ball Park. We have lots of great things in store for you over the next three days. I see that you guys are close to falling out of 1st place. Well no need to fear. We will give you Wilson to throw 4 decent innings and then a 5th that will blow your minds and your bats. You are guaranteed 5 runs by then. Then you are into the famous massacre bullpen where you will score another 50 runs in 1 outs time. The Reds will then pass you the blessing of the all so scary lineup that will strike out at least for 17 of your 27 outs. Your pitchers have a hard time holding runners in scoring position? Not today, you are playing the Reds.

But don't worry about our lineup anyway, we will have at least 4 automatic outs everytime through. That is a promise because our manager will not make the necessary changes to allow this team to think about playing baseball. This team is not better. Right now the redsrworse!

MLB ERA
    Nice. Who's next? Twins fans possibly?

LMAO, classic thread !
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Sad but true. Good post ADH

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Nice. Who's next? Twins fans possibly?
    If the Twins continue to stink it off offensively, I might do that. If they stink offensively against the Devil Rays this weekend, I will say something. With that said, I don't think I can ever write as clever as you, ADH.

I love the harshness but the reality is that the Yankees find more ways to lose than John Kerry had opinions on the same topic.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    we're an also-ran this year...

As the eternal optimistic of this board (Man it's hard work having to cheer you dudes up and earn my 'Mr. Sunshine' nickname) here's how you break out of team slump.

Have your bullpen find the ugliest couple in the stands, then throw a chair at them. While this may not help you altogether, what it will do is change your fortune, as Texas is 9-2 vs. Moneyballers since the Springer incident.

Note - when in Boston you'll have to do this to Red Sox fan as well, please aim for Peter Gammons......

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    What the hell are rep points?

If it would help my team, I would take the chair. The only problem is I am far from the ugliest fan in the stands...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    Have your bullpen find the ugliest couple in the stands, then throw a chair at them.

I've been going to the games and seriously, it's on a level with watching paint dry. I'm tired of the small market bullsheet. Schott and Hoffman, who just sold the team, bought the A's around ten years ago for $65 million and just sold for $175 million. This team IS making money. We're at the bottom of all hitting and scoring categories and we have 3 stolen bases AS A TEAM!! All the while Tejada is tearing the league a new ass and Hudson is going 8-9 innings of damn near shutout baseball.

Like I said, F-You Billy Beane.

If we can't beat the Devil Rays when they are losing 7 or 8 straight, what makes you think your A's are so damn special? We've got a bunch of geriatrics pitching for us.

I will argue with anyone right now that my team sucks more than yours...even if you throw in a AAA affiliate. The Yankees reach new lows nightly.

How in the heck do you get beat 3 out of 4 games vs the Devil Rays? Who were on what a 8 game skid? If George's hose wins this weekend, he should sell this damn team and never watch baseball again.

I know Cub Fans and Red Sox fans before them felt that it was a bitter pill to swallow not winning the World Series and for the Cubs most seasons it has been disappointing to not contend. I would challenge that anguish with being a Yankee fan. We know that we are fielding a team that doubles most everyone and even quadruples some teams in payroll. Okay, w expect to win. That is not arrogant, that is reality. A part of loves the reality that a payroll has some advantages but the game is played on the field not out of someone's wallet. It is very disappointing to be right to be right in that there is more parity in MLB than is given credit.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    for the amount of money the sox and yanks spend, they should be contracted if they don't make the playoffs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast