Thread: Steve Phillips is a ****ing moron!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Steve Phillips is a ****ing moron!

He predicted the Yankees will lose the Wild Card to Seattle because, despite being first in every offensive category in the AL since the All-Star break, they don't have the pitching to hold up as it was 7th in the AL in ERA since the break.
    1) They're 6th, not 7th
    2) THE MARINERS ARE 10TH IN ERA SINCE THE BREAK! 6th>>>>10th

He also said the Mets would lose the NL East to the Braves because they are counting on Pedro Martinez to come in and be an ace, and because if it comes down to it the Braves have a better offense.
    1) Omar Minaya has repeatedly said anything he gets from Pedro this year is extra and they don't expect much from him.
    2) Wait a minute...the Yankees won't make it because it's not about offense? But the Braves will win because of their offense?

And to top it all off, Phillips has THE COLORADO ROCKIES winning the NL Wild Card? Why? "Because they have the next-best offense."

So it's not about offense for the Yankees, but it is for every team in the NL!

There's a reason you're not a ****ing GM anymore, Phillips, because YOU'RE AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Re: Steve Phillips is a ****ing moron!

Steve Phillips, what a ****ing moron. He's the Joe Theismann of the MLB, doesn't know what he's talking about.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He did say he'll be happy to admit if he's wrong in the end.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Why are you getting so but hurt over this? He gets paid to say his opinion, on the other hand I can say Micheal Kay is a ****ing moron too for picking the Yankees to go to the playoffs.

MLB ERA

Michael Kay is a moron, but not for that reason.

No surprise, does Phillips ever make the right choice cough(KAZMIR)cough.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jim Duquette, not Steve Phillips, traded Kazmir.

I believe he also had to say this about Melky Cabrera:

"I like Melky Cabrera for what he is. I think he's a good fourth outfielder, a very good fifth outfielder. I don't see him as an everyday player. Now on the Yankees he can be, because with their offense you can kind of work around him a little bit, but I don't see him as an everyday player on most other teams. He's a role player...Yeah, Melky Cabrera to me is not a reason to not go to the playoffs...I would have explored every possibility of finding a defensive guy to play center field if Melky Cabrera was the sticking point. To me, I don't let Melky Cabrera keep me out of the playoffs if I can bring Eric Gagne in."

*Erhm* At the ripe old age of 23, Melky has the 7th highest OPS (.803) among Major League Center Fielders, and that is after an absolutely horrendous start to the year. Add that to his awesome defense and you have a very good, cheap young player who can be an asset for a long time. I'm sorry Mr. Phillips, but opinions like these are why you are no longer employed in this league.

*Thanks to NoMass.com for that tidbit.

MLB ERA

Touche...
    Taylor/Rogers for Isringhausen/T. Long and G. McMicheal?

Or...
    Carl Everett for John Hudek...

Or...
    Melvin Mora and Mike Kinkade for Mike Bordick (1/2 a year of Mike Bordick FYI)

Or...
    Robin Ventura for Dave Justice (1/2 a year, and a crap one at that)

Or...
    Jay Payton for John Thomson

Or...
    Jason Bay (whom he acquired), Bobby Jones, J. Reynolds for Steve Reed and Jason Middlebrook

Yes, he didn't deal Kazmir, but the Jason Bay deal hurts just as much, if not more. Not to mention dealing for solid players like Brady Clark and losing them to waivers.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Since when did any of the ESPN guys get anything right? They change their tune every week.

MLB ERA

True, and Phillips is trying to appeal to the mass audience who doesn't want to hear about the Yankees every 5 seconds on ESPN by putting them down.

And still talking about them.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Phillips isn't the only one thinking the Yankees are going to fall short. He has every right to think what he does. Mass audiences do want to hear about the Yankees, sad but true. I don't get it but the numbers don't lie.