Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White Sox Suck

Don't worry about Dam. The kid brings up the same argument every single time, and you could explain to him thoroughly and he will still type up some bullshit. He just doesn't like being wrong. Nolan Ryan, your starting off great here on S3F. You should deserve a couple times of rep for just saying that Tigers are going to be the one who wins the AL Central.

MLB ERA
    I would like the Tigers to win the WS since I believe the Braves are just about out of the race.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    .....which is why I love this pic so much......

GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

I love that picture too

MLB ERA
    I thought it was funny also. I don't really like A.J.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    .....which is why I love this pic so much......

I like this one much better:

The caption is more telling though:

Chicago White Sox's A.J. Pierzynski watches as his three-run home run head over the right field fence during the ninth inning of a baseball game against the Chicago Cubs Saturday, July 1, 2006 at Wrigley Field in Chicago. The homer gave the White Sox an 8-6 victory.

Oh, and just for you RDR, I figured I'd give this pic another spin:

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    I thought it was funny also. I don't really like A.J.
    I hear ya and that is the main reason why I love that pic...right or wrong on the part of Barrett.....I still love it......
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Don't worry about Dam. The kid brings up the same argument every single time, and you could explain to him thoroughly and he will still type up some bullshit. He just doesn't like being wrong. Nolan Ryan, your starting off great here on S3F. You should deserve a couple times of rep for just saying that Tigers are going to be the one who wins the AL Central.
    Give me a reason I shouldn't bring up those arguments then. They definitely serve their purpose, so I see no reason not to. Oh, and you've yet to explain to me how the Tigers are going to hold on to their 2 game lead (because really it's all about the L column) while playing 10 games against the defending Champs, who are also 5-1 against the Tigers, during a time period when their best asset will likely be struggling. I'll be waiting for that one.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA

Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Oh, and just for you RDR, I figured I'd give this pic another spin:

Is that one of Frankie's K's?.....Yer still a good sport......

MLB ERA
    For once, I agree with Dam, not because of anything he said, but is it realistic to expect all these players either having a career year, or exploding in there rookie year, to continue? It really isn't and someone who's seen baseball for 50 years will tell you exactly what I'm saying now; Rookies always tail off, because they aren't used to the grueling pace of an MLB Season. And there is also something to be pointed out. The White Sox aren't some shabby Texas Rangers-esque team who goes on a hot streak when there hitters heat up. They win with consistent defense and pitching, something every first place team is doing, and all World Series winning teams have done (See 1960 Pirates, all the Reds Championship Teams, etc.) But they also have timely hitting too, and there team is full of proven veterans who may be a little above there ceiling, but nothing like the Tigers.

That being said, if Detroit can make the playoffs, they will be the most dangerous teams there. Their pitching, though young and unproven, is very healthy, and performing at a premium. Not to mention this isn't a team of lackluster players and overachieving Rookies like the Mike MacDougal Rookie Year Royals. They have proven All-Stars, Pudge, Kenny Rogers, Placido Polanco, Carlos Guillen, and someone whom all White Sox fans try to forget, Magglio Ordonez. So this team isn't just a bunch of shit imitating a baseball team, they are a young team with a very solid core.

And they key to why the White Sox will win is that I do not believe their core matches that of the White Sox. Also, for as well as the pitching is doing for Detroit, the White Sox have all proven pitchers that are kid tested, mother approved. So I see the White Sox edging out the Tigers for the Central Crown, with Detroit earning the Wildcard.

But it isn't unrealistic that only one will make it and that the Wildcard will be out of the East again. And before you jump down my throat, just hear me out. We all remember last year, with the surprise NL East being the powerhouse division in the NL, with every team winning at least 80 games. Back in July we all figured the Wildcard was easily won by the East, all solid team putting in good games with excellent pitching. But, as baseball works, the end of the East's schedule was all NL East games. The teams beat up on each other, and a team from another division filled the void and ended up going to the Series. To be perfectly frank, this is what I’m hoping for, because with the play of the ChiSox and Tigers now, it doesn’t give my Yankees room for error.

And I hate AJ Pierzynski, but his play along with the play of Pudge, Jorge, and Joe Mauer, the rebirth of the catcher is upon us.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Is that one of Frankie's K's?.....Yer still a good sport......
    Yeah, it is...the one that Paul threw the ball out to the mound on when he should've been tagging A.J., which kept the inning alive for Crede who won the game with a walkoff double. I figured you'd appreciate remembering that one.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    is it wrong to wish that AJ would get drilled in the noggin? i mean, i know i cant be the only one to wish that.

tomko would probably be willing to buy zambrano a beer if that were to happen on sunday
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    is it wrong to wish that AJ would get drilled in the noggin? i mean, i know i cant be the only one to wish that.

tomko would probably be willing to buy zambrano a beer if that were to happen on sunday
    I'll bet you really enjoyed that 2 out 2 strike 3 run home run. Is it wrong to wish for the same thing to happen tommorrow?

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA
    Why does everyone or at least many people hate Pierzinski? Its not like the guy is telling everyone to go F--- themselves.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Why does everyone or at least many people hate Pierzinski? Its not like the guy is telling everyone to go F--- themselves.
    Because he pisses off opposing players, plays the game all out, and eventually gets the last word, i.e. today. Those are the same reasons fans of the team that he's on (currently the White Sox) love him.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast