Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AL All-Star Voting: Catcher

Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    Yeah jeez I thought it was like his 2nd year with the tigers, its hard to believe this is his 3rd season with them anyways. Hes putting up good numbers at the plate batting .308 and 31 RBI's. Defensively he hasnt made an Error yet as opposed to Hernandez 8 (league leading for catchers), Posada 2, Martinez 5, Mauer 2.
    But no one is better at throwing out runners than Hernandez. Probably the best arm back there behind the plate, and currently throwing out more than 50% of runners attempting to steal.

AAA ERA
    This year hes been good throwing out runners but I wouldnt say no one is better at throwing out runners. Yadier Molina is pretty damn good at throwing runners out hes been doing it year in and year out and this is only his 3rd season. There are also a few other catchers around the league that are pretty good for throwing out runners.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Just out of curiosity, why is this in the smack section?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    1 thing I'll give praise to Ken Macha for:

after being questioned on Tuesday about All-Star Game voting, Macha said he did a little checking of the results on his own, and was prompted to cite what he feels is a balloting injustice.

"Joe Mauer. The guy is leading the league in hitting, and he has about 460,000 votes, and [position leader] Jason Varitek has more than 800,000," Macha said. "That's a disgrace. Let's hope that [Mauer] gets picked for the team. There's your small market/big market kind of disparity."

Through Tuesday's games, Mauer was hitting .380 and held a 15-point lead over Ichiro Suzuki in the AL batting race.
    and this is one of the many reasons why I boycott the ASG.

You know how the Futures Game is the USA vs. the World? Well, the ASG should be Yanks/Red Sox vs. the rest of MLB.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123