Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: alright....

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Red
    The Reds in second place?
    If it makes you feel better, I pick them to finish last. I think the Reds will win 78 games, but I think the Brewers and Pirates are little better.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    If it makes you feel better, I pick them to finish last. I think the Reds will win 78 games, but I think the Brewers and Pirates are little better.
    I don't think so. Just wait until the season starts and the Reds slam that prediction right back in your face. (;
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I think the Reds finishing in 2nd is realistic. I'm not saying it's a guarantee or anything, but I think it is certainly possible and it's what I predict.

I'm not a homer either, as I predicted the Reds to finish with an awful record last year.
    And I think the Mariners will win the west. If everyone on any team has a good year, that team is going places, look at the '01 Mariners. Every team is capable of doing well, just if they can bring it together or not. I think the Reds have enough good players that they could finish 1st, if everything broke their way, and the Cards and Cubs underperformed a bit.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I picked Reds, Brewers, then Pirates.
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

AA ERA
    I picked the Brewers mainly because they have better pitching and I think that team is about to break out with the young talent they got not to mention new ownership.

I think the Pirates finally have a good nucleus.

MLB ERA
    It is like trying to pick between the Tigers and the Royals or Orioles, Rays, and Jays, you know that they are all going to suck no matter who wins out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Element
    It is like trying to pick between the Tigers and the Royals or Orioles, Rays, and Jays, you know that they are all going to suck no matter who wins out in the end.
    Some of those teams are actually pretty good. Tigers has a great young team with a mix of experience from Ivan Rodriguez, Rondell White, Percival, Urbina, Dmitri Young. A couple years ago, I would've agreed with you, but the Tigers don't suck anymore.

The Royals have been on a downfall, and will most likely finish last in the AL Central, but they have a great manager and some great young players like Berroa.

The Orioles have vastly improved with just acquiring Sosa who adds power to their lineup. They have a great young manager in Mazilli, and this team will go places.

The Rays are way better than pre-Pinella. They have some of the best young players in MLB like a Crawford and Baldelli. Not to mention some great spects like Kazmir, Delmon Young, etc. Watch some of their games just to see how good they can be and how much better they are.

The Jays, I have them last in the AL East. They have good players Wells and Halladay, I do agree with you that they aren't the best team.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    The reds can and will come in second,,,,they are way better than last year and have a hell of a pitching staff this year...on top of that the astros are going to suck this year and the cubs will defiantly have another dissapointment , we wont even get into the brewers or the pirates.
    The staff might look better on paper and I surely hope the will be but come on, unless the Cubbies completely blow it, they're the second place team in the division. Lastly, the Cubs #3 starter would be the ace of the Cincinnati staff.

What should hurt all Reds fans is that they're now the laughingstock of Cincinnati. The Bengals have significantly improved since Marvin Lewis came in and the Reds (who were pretty darn good under McKeon) have gone straight down.

Can the Reds be optimistic with the youth on this team? Sure, but optimism only lasts until you're 10 games out in July.

MLB ERA
    on top of that the astros are going to suck this year
    The Astros are going to suck? They lost a lot of offense, but they still have a good pitching staff. I don't think they'll win the Central, but they aren't going to suck.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    The reds can and will come in second,,,,they are way better than last year and have a hell of a pitching staff this year
    If the Reds have a hell of a pitching staff, then words can't describe how good the Cardinals, Cubs, and Astros pitching staffs are.

Rookie ERA
    Yea, but the Astros would not have made the playoffs last ynear if it was not for Beltran. I mean Clemens is going to beome injured as there have been signs of it in ST and Pettite is injury prone also. If their pitching staff can stay healthy, then I still dont know. I would love for the Reds to make the playoffs, as I am a Mets fan, but I am the biggest Ken Griffey Jr. Fan that likes the Mets! Remember guys, last season the Reds were on a huge hot streak and way ahead of the Cardinals, but then when Griffey got hurt, it all went downhill! If everone can stay healthy on that team, then they are going to put up a huge fight

How can the Brewers or Pirates be better? Yes, Brewers are having one of the best ST (As of winning percentage), but this is ST where SP only go 2-3 innings and then the scrubs play! Well, this says one thing! The Brewers have the best scrubs nout there!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Street
    Remember guys, last season the Reds were on a huge hot streak and way ahead of the Cardinals, but then when Griffey got hurt, it all went downhill! If everone can stay healthy on that team, then they are going to put up a huge fight
    That's a big "If", because the Reds have a lot of injuries every year. If the Major League season was cut in half, then the Reds would be contenders every year. The Reds usually do well in the first half, then the injuries hit, and they fall apart.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    The Reds could do it. No doubt about it. It would be crazy tough and injuries play a huge role throughout the division. Nobody knows what this team is capable of when it is a completely healthy team like the Crads had most of the time last season. Cubs and Astros could be in the same category with their pitching injuries, but the Reds had their entire Opening Day lineup for like 9 outs last season.

So we will just have to sit back and enjoy the ride because this year could have a lot more people buying Reds hats at your local sports shop. I predict that the Cardinals are going to be crazy good and that the Reds have a chance to stick with them. Bottom line is that the redsrbetter!

MLB ERA
    Finally your name actually fits here redsrbetter.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AA ERA
    Street: The Brewers played well till August and September and they just fallen off the wagon. I think they got better depth this time around and their young players should be better from last year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast