Thread: Too Bad Colon can't be on loaner to every Yankee opponent

Too Bad Colon can't be on loaner to every Yankee opponent

Or at least pitch to ARod the rest of the year. 3 ABs and 3 HRs. Nice clutch there Bartolo.

ARod might get 50 hrs this depending on how many times the Angels run Colon out there...and keep him in the game after ARod blasts each of his pitches.

Steinbrenner bribed him with a nice lunch and dessert. Three calzones and a rich chocolate cake.

AA ERA
    I got to watch the Angels/Yankees game at TGIF Friday's tonight and I have to say that the Angels pitching is why I don't think they will get pass the first round. Angels pitching does not scare anyone. Colon is a hit or miss. He will either be very good or very bad. For the money he is being paid to be the stopper, this is not what the Angels should be getting out of him.

He is like a Mussina. They both are every very good or very bad.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I got to watch the Angels/Yankees game at TGIF Friday's tonight and I have to say that the Angels pitching is why I don't think they will get pass the first round. Angels pitching does not scare anyone. Colon is a hit or miss. He will either be very good or very bad. For the money he is being paid to be the stopper, this is not what the Angels should be getting out of him.

He looks like he ate Mussina.

AA ERA
    *lol*

Good to see you, Eric.

Welcome Eric.

I totally agree. When Colon went free agent I had a momentary feeling that the Yankees should have taken a look but we have Moose, one is enough.

In the A.L., I don't see anyone that has scary pitching as of yet. It is early but the Yankees have only 2 guys that I would expect a decent outing from. The Yankees have to get there first.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak

AA ERA
    Chicago's pitching has been good so far in the AL, but I just wonder if they can keep it up. I am not a Garcia fan. I can't see Garland keep it up. Can El Duque be healthy? Who knows what you get out of Conteras?

A's pitching has been very good. Had Johan not have that great winning streak he is on right now, Rich Harden would be the pitcher of the Month in April. A's pitching is why the A's have survived in the AL West.

Angels clearly was desperate to get a stopper hence why they overpaid for Colon. Thing is that he is either very good or very bad. He is not as bad as Kyle Lohse, but still with the money he is being paid, he should be a lot better. Angels need to hope Washburn is that stopper. He has been their best pitcher and you saw what he could do in the 2002 playoffs in which the Angels won it all.

Yankees are at least getting a lot for their investments in Johnson and Pavano which is very important. Now if they can get Mussina or Brown to get going especially Mussina.

Good points Steak. I just do not see Chicago staying up there. They have the Yankees rejects not trying to be rude but Contreras and El Duque. El Duque is a warrior but he does not have the tools. Contreras never quite showed any of the promise that he was signed for. Buhrle and Garcia will have to carry an aweful lot of the load to prove me wrong.

The A's have some tough pitching but they have very little Offense.

I think both the Central and West are a bit wide open.

AA ERA
    RLA: Don't be suprised if the White Sox called up this kid, Brandon McCarthy this summer and have him replace Conteras. He had a great spring and this guy can flat-out throw strikes.

As for the AL Central, I think this is going to be a four-team race. I will be writing a piece on the division tommorow for this site. I think Detroit is pretty good. Their pitching has done well. Cleveland got enough talent so they won't be this bad for so long.

I think the divisions in baseball will have lot of races and that's the way it should be.

AA ERA
    How about Colon outdueling Johan yesterday?

Colon was dealing. Like I said, he is either very good or very bad. Angels need to get that type of pitching not only from him, but from Washburn and Lackey.

I think there will be a lot of races for the division titles not just a scramble for the wild card. I can't think of any division including the AL East that I see anyone running away and hiding from the pack.

I think the AL Central maybe one of the most intriquing with the talent from at least four teams.

I did do a double take when I saw that Colon threw a gem to out duel the hottest pitcher in baseball going back to last year.